This article describes how to get started with Citrix Secure Internet Access (CSIA) for the first time.
Ensure you have the following:
Citrix Cloud account. To use Citrix Secure Internet Access, you must have a Citrix Cloud account. Go to https://citrix.cloud.com and verify that you can sign in with your existing Citrix Cloud account.
If you do not have a Citrix Cloud account, first create a Citrix Cloud account. You can also join an existing account created by someone else in your organization. For detailed processes and instructions on how to proceed, see Sign up for Citrix Cloud.
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops deployment accessible through Citrix Workspace.
Workspace app on your host systems such as laptops and mobile devices.
SD-WAN deployments. If you are working from a branch office, you must have the following deployments:
- Citrix SD-WAN 11.1 and later
- Subscription to Citrix SD-WAN Orchestrator service. Ensure that you have onboarded and configured sites on your SD-WAN Orchestrator.
This section walks you through the required tasks for onboarding to Citrix Secure Internet Access successfully.
Step 1: Request access to Citrix Secure Internet Access
You can get access to Citrix Secure Internet Access by requesting for a Citrix Secure Internet Access trial. You can use the trial for a maximum 60 days period. For more information on service trials, see Citrix Cloud Service Trials.
To request a trial,
Sign in to your Citrix Cloud account.
On the Citrix Cloud home page, in Available Services, on the Secure Internet Access tile, click Request Demo.
Alternatively, you can also visit https://www.citrix.com/products/citrix-secure-internet-access/form/inquiry/ and contact a Citrix expert who can help you.
Enter the required details and select Submit.
When your trial is approved, Citrix initiates the trial process and creates your Customer Entitlement Package based on the license package selected. You also receive an email confirmation.
Step 2: View status of your account
After your trial is approved and initiated, you will receive an email confirmation and you can also view your account status on Citrix Cloud.
To set up your account, Citrix provisions gateway nodes for you implicitly. These nodes are containerized nodes that scan data and traffic in the cloud. The nodes also perform security functions such as web filtering, malware prevention, and data loss prevention.
After the nodes are set up, you receive an email notification that your account is available. Provisioning of nodes can take a few days.
To view the status of your account
- Sign in to your Citrix Cloud account.
- On the Citrix Cloud home page, in My Services, on the Secure Internet Access tile, click Manage.
If your account provisioning is in progress, you see the following message:
Step 3: Manage Citrix Secure Internet Access
After you receive the email confirmation about your account setup, sign in to Citrix Cloud and start configuring and managing your deployment.
On the Citrix Cloud home page, in My Services, on the Secure Internet Access tile, click Manage.
If you have a Citrix SD-WAN Orchestrator subscription, you can also click Manage on the SD-WAN Orchestrator tile to view the Citrix Secure Internet Access dashboard.
On the Dashboard menu, you can view the status and a graphical representation of your nodes.
The onboarding process is now complete.
- View the status of the nodes in your network. See Dashboard.
- View details about your subscribed license entitlements. See View licensing details.
- Configure CSIA Cloud Connector agents on Virtual Delivery Agents (VDA) and local host systems. See Configure Citrix Secure Internet Access Cloud Connector agents.
- Configure tunnels for your branch office if you also have a Citrix SD-WAN deployment. See Configure tunnels for branch office.
- Use the Citrix Secure Internet Access configuration policy portal to configure cloud connectors and security features and to monitor reports and logs. See Configuration.