Single sign-on to the Citrix Secure Access client via Citrix Workspace app
Citrix Secure Access client now supports single sign-on for the Workspace URL when already logged in via Citrix Workspace app. This SSO functionality enhances the user experience by avoiding multiple authentications.
- Both the Citrix Workspace app and the Secure Access client must be installed on the device.
- Users must have logged into the Citrix Workspace app first for the automatic SSO to happen in the Citrix Secure Access client.
The single sign-on feature is only supported for the primary store that is configured in Citrix Workspace app. If the user logs into any other store other than the primary store, then SSO does not happen. The user has to manually log in to the Citrix Secure Access client.
The following figure displays the SSO flow between the Citrix Workspace app and the Citrix Secure Access client.
Feature requirements for Windows
- Citrix Workspace Application version - Citrix Workspace 220.127.116.11(2210.5) or above
- Citrix Secure Access version - 18.104.22.168 or later
- Citrix Secure Access Windows Registry - EnableCWASSO
The SSO feature is disabled, by default. To enable this feature, add the following registry on the end-user machine.
- Registry Name - EnableCWASSO
- Registry Path - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\Secure Access Client
- Registry Type - REG_DWORD
- Registry Value - 1
Sometimes, the end user machines might need to reboot for successfully establishing single sign-on with Citrix Workspace app.