Editing the registry incorrectly can cause serious problems that might require you to reinstall your operating system. Citrix cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk. Be sure to back up the registry before you edit it.
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops support the Bloomberg model 4 Starboard keyboard (and earlier model 3). This keyboard enables customers in the financial sector to use the special features of the keyboard to access financial market data and perform trading quickly.
This keyboard is compatible with the KVM switch boxes and can work in two modes:
- PC (One USB cable with no KVM)
- KVM mode (Two USB Cables with one routed through KVM)
Important: We recommend that you use the Bloomberg keyboard with only one session. We don’t recommend using the keyboard with multiple concurrent sessions (one client to multiple sessions).
The Bloomberg keyboard 4 is a USB composite device comprising four USB devices in one physical shell:
- Fingerprint reader.
- Audio device with keys to increase and decrease volume and mute the speaker and the microphone. This device includes onboard speaker, microphone, and jack for the microphone and headset.
- USB hub to connect all of these devices to the system.
- The session to which Citrix Workspace app for Windows is connecting must support USB devices.
- Minimum of Citrix Workspace app 1808 for Windows or Citrix Receiver for Windows 4.8 to support Bloomberg keyboard model 3 and 4.
- Minimum of Citrix Workspace app 1808 for Windows or Citrix Receiver for Windows 4.12 to use KVM mode (two USB cables with one routed through KVM) for Model 4.
For information about configuring Bloomberg keyboards on Citrix Workspace app for Windows, see Configuring Bloomberg keyboards.
Enable Bloomberg keyboard support:
By default, the support for the enhanced Bloomberg keyboard is disabled. Enable this support by editing this registry entry on the client machine before you start a connection.
Name: EnableBloombergHID (dword)
Value: 0 = Disable 1 = Enable
To determine if Bloomberg keyboard support is enabled in Citrix Workspace app, check if the Desktop Viewer correctly reports the Bloomberg keyboard’s devices.
Open the Desktop Viewer. If support for Bloomberg keyboard is enabled, the Desktop Viewer shows see three devices under the USB icon:
- Bloomberg Fingerprint Scanner
- Bloomberg Keyboard Features
- Bloomberg LP Keyboard 2013
Seamless Application only scenario:
Open the Connection Center menu from the Citrix Workspace app notification area icon. If support for the Bloomberg keyboard is enabled, the three devices appear in the Devices menu.
The check mark against each of these devices indicates that they are remoted to the session.