Client folder redirection
Client folder redirection changes the way client-side files are accessible on the host-side session. If you enable only client drive mapping on the server, client-side full volumes are automatically mapped as Universal Naming Convention (UNC) links to the sessions. When you enable client folder redirection on the server and the user configures it on the user device, the portion of the local volume specified by the user is redirected.
Only the user-specified folders appear as UNC links inside sessions. That is, instead of the complete file system on the user device. If you disable UNC links through the registry, client folders appear as mapped drives inside the session.
Client folder redirection is supported on Windows Single-session OS machines only.
Client folder redirection for an external USB drive is not saved on detaching and reattaching the device.
Enable client folder direction on the server. Then, on the client device, specify which folders to redirect. The application you use to specify the client folder options is included with the Citrix Workspace app supplied with this release.
- Windows Server 2019, Standard and Datacenter Editions
- Windows Server 2016, Standard and Datacenter Editions
- Windows Server 2012 R2, Standard and Datacenter Editions
- Windows 10, 32-bit and 64-bit editions (minimum version 1607)
- Windows 8.1, 32-bit and 64-bit editions (including Embedded edition)
- Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit editions (including Embedded edition)
Editing the registry incorrectly can cause serious problems that might require you to reinstall your operating system. Citrix cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk. Be sure to back up the registry before you edit it.
- On the server:
- Create a key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\Client Folder Redirection.
- Create a REG_DWORD value.
- Name: CFROnlyModeAvailable
- Type: REG_DWORD
- Data: Set to 1
- On the user device:
- Ensure that the latest version of Citrix Workspace app is installed.
- From the Citrix Workspace app installation directory, start CtxCFRUI.exe.
- Choose the Custom radio button and add, edit, or remove folders.
- Disconnect and reconnect your sessions for the setting to take effect.