A goal of Citrix is to deliver new features and product updates to service customers when they are available. New releases provide more value, so there’s no reason to delay updates. To you, the customer administrator, this process is transparent.
Citrix prepared image updates
The Citrix prepared images have a current Citrix Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA) installed. Generally, new VDA versions are released several times each year, and the available Citrix prepared images are automatically updated with the latest VDA. To learn about new and enhanced features in the VDA’s current version, see:
This service supports the Service Continuity preview.
Citrix prepared images now include Ubuntu single-sesssion and multi-session versions.
When adding a Cloud Connector to a resource location, using a Citrix Managed Azure subscription, you can specify the Cloud Connector machine’s performance type.
When creating a catalog, the machine performance choices include options that match the generation type (gen1 or gen2) of the image you selected. You can update a catalog with a different generation type image, if the catalog’s machines support that generation type.
- Preview support for viewing consumption commitment usage.
- You can use the Monitor shadow feature to view or work on a user’s VM or session.
- Production support for Remote PC Access.
- Enhanced catalog creation option to use your Windows Virtual Desktop eligible license or Azure Hybrid Benefit.
- If a restart action on a machine is unsuccessful, you can use a force restart action.
- Details about images are reorganized and expanded. For example, you can now add and edit notes about images that you prepared or imported. You can also limit access to only specified IP addresses.
- When creating an Azure VNet peering connection that will use an Azure virtual network gateway, you can now also enable virtual network gateway route propagation.
- Product name change from Citrix Managed Desktops to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Standard for Azure.
- Preview support for Remote PC Access.
- A Citrix prepared Windows Server 2019 image is now available.
- When adding a Cloud Connector to a resource location, using a customer-managed Azure subscription, you can specify the Cloud Connector machine’s performance type and Azure resource group. For details, see Resource location actions.
- When creating a catalog, you can specify a machine naming scheme. See Create a catalog using custom create.
- In a CSP environment, SD-WAN connections are created on a per-tenant basis. For the SD-WAN connection option to be available to the CSP administrator, the tenant must have an SD-WAN Orchestrator service entitlement. For details, see Filter resources by customer (multitenant deployments).
- Production support for Linux VDAs when using a customer-managed Azure subscription.
- The limit of VDAs per subscription is now 1,200.
- You can add another Citrix Managed Azure subscription when you need more machines than the limit per Citrix Managed Azure subscription.
- Additional information about DNS servers.
- Production support for SD-WAN connections.
- To view your Citrix license usage information, follow the guidance in Monitor licenses and active usage for Citrix Managed Desktops service.
- Preview support for catalogs containing Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Ubuntu machines. This feature is valid only when using a customer-managed Azure subscription, and requires an imported image containing a Citrix Linux VDA.
- You can now configure either vertical or horizontal load balancing for all of your multi-session machines. (Previously, all machines used horizontal load balancing.) This global selection applies to all catalogs in your deployment. See Load balancing.
- You can now add an Azure subscription if you’re not a Global Admin.
- A Citrix prepared image is now available for Windows 10 Enterprise Virtual Desktop (multi-session) with Office 365 ProPlus.
- Add support for custom routes in VNet peering connections.
- Updates to security article to enhance port and rules information.
- Preview support for SD-WAN connections.
In Supported operating systems, added entries for:
- Windows 7 (supports only VDA 7.15 with the latest Cumulative Update).
- Windows Server 2019.
- A Windows Server 2012 R2 Citrix prepared image is now available.
- Added resource location settings information. For details, see Resource location actions and Resource location settings when creating a catalog.
- By default, machines are created in a Citrix Managed Azure subscription. Now you can also create catalogs and images in your own customer-managed Azure subscription.