Cumulative Update 5 (CU5)
Release date: March 09, 2022
About this release
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 1912 LTSR Cumulative Update 5 (CU5) fixes more than 60 issues reported since the release of 1912 LTSR CU4.
The Citrix License Administration Console reached end of life and end of support in License Server 22.214.171.124_BUILD_37000. Use the Citrix Licensing Manager.
How do I deploy CU5 from scratch?
You can set up a brand-new Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops environment based on CU5 - using the CU5 metainstaller. Before you do that, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the product:
Peruse the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 1912 LTSR (initial release) section and pay close attention to the Technical Overview, Install and Configure, and Security sections before you start planning your deployment. Ensure your setup meets the system requirements for all components.
What do I update?
CU5 provides updates to baseline components of the 1912 LTSR. Remember: Citrix recommends that you update all LTSR components of your deployment to CU5. For example: If Citrix Provisioning is part of your LTSR deployment, update the Citrix Provisioning components to CU5. If Citrix Provisioning is not part of your deployment, you do not need to install or update it.
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 1912 LTSR CU5 baseline components
|1912 LTSR baseline component||Version as shown in Programs and Features||Notes|
|Citrix Group Policy Management||7.24.5000|
|Citrix Group Policy Client-Side Extension||7.24.5000|
|Universal Print Server||1912.0.5000|
|Linux VDA||1912.0.5000||See the Linux VDA documentation for supported platforms|
|Citrix Federated Authentication Service||1912.0.5000|
|Browser Content Redirection||15.19.5000|
|Citrix Probe Agent||2006||Download|
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 1912 LTSR CU5 compatible components
The following components - at the versions given below - are compatible with LTSR environments. They are not eligible for the LTSR benefits (extended lifecycle and fix-only cumulative updates). Citrix might ask you to upgrade to a newer version of these components within your 1912 LTSR environments.
|Compatible components and features||Version as shown in Programs and Features|
|App protection policies||1912.0.0|
|HDX RealTime Optimization Pack||2.9 LTSR CU4|
|License Server||126.96.36.199 Build 37000|
|User personalization layer||21.12.2|
|Session Recording web player||1912.0.0|
|Self-Service Password Reset||1.1|
|Windows 10 32-bit||Refer to initial release documentation|
|Workspace Environment Management||2112|
|XenApp & XenDesktop 7.15 LTSR VDA (latest release)*||Latest Cumulative Update only|
Windows 10 32-bit is supported only for 18 months from the initial release of 1912 LTSR. Windows 10 32-bit is supported only on Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC.
* XenApp and XenDesktop 7.15 LTSR VDA support in this case is for Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 only. XenApp and XenDesktop 7.15 LTSR support ends on August 2022. Citrix support for Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 ends when Microsoft ends support for the OS or when XenApp and XenDesktop 7.15 LTSR support ends, whichever comes first. For more information, see the Citrix Product Matrix.
Compatible versions of Citrix Workspace app
All currently supported versions of Citrix Workspace app are compatible with the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 1912 LTSR. For information about the lifecycle of Citrix Workspace app, see Lifecycle Milestones for Citrix Workspace app & Citrix Receiver.
For your convenience, consider subscribing to the Citrix Workspace app RSS feed to receive a notification when a new version of Citrix Workspace app becomes available.
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 1912 LTSR CU5 notable exclusions
The following features, components, and platforms are not eligible for 1912 LTSR lifecycle milestones and benefits. Specifically, cumulative updates and extended lifecycle benefits are excluded. Updates to excluded features and components are available through regular current releases.
|Excluded components and features|
|Citrix SCOM Management Pack|
|StoreFront Citrix Online Integration|
|Excluded Windows platforms *|
|Windows 2008 32-bit (for Universal Print Server)|
* Citrix reserves the right to update platform support based on third-party vendors’ lifecycle milestones.
Install and upgrade analytics
When you use the full-product installer to deploy or upgrade XenApp or XenDesktop components, anonymous information about the installation process is gathered and stored on the machine where you are installing/upgrading the component. This data is used to help Citrix improve its customers’ installation experiences.
XenApp 6.5 migration
The XenApp 6.5 migration process helps you more efficiently and quickly transition from a XenApp 6.5 farm to a site running 1912 LTSR. This is helpful in deployments that contain large numbers of applications and Citrix group policies, lowering the risk of inadvertently introducing errors when manually moving applications and Citrix group policies to the new XenApp site.
After you install the 1912 LTSR core components and create a site, the migration process follows this sequence:
- Run the 1912 installer on each XenApp 6.5 worker, which automatically upgrades it to a new Virtual Delivery Agent for Server OS for use in the new site.
- Run PowerShell export cmdlets on a XenApp 6.5 controller, which exports application and Citrix policy settings to XML files.
- Edit the XML files, if desired, to refine what you want to import to the new site. By tailoring the files, you can import policy and application settings into your 1912 LTSR site in stages: some now and others later.
- Run PowerShell import cmdlets on the new 1912 Controller, which import settings from the XML files to the new XenApp site.
Reconfigure the new site as needed, and then test it.
For more information, see Migrate XenApp 6.x.
In this article
- About this release
- New deployments
- Existing deployments
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 1912 LTSR CU5 baseline components
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 1912 LTSR CU5 compatible components
- Compatible versions of Citrix Workspace app
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 1912 LTSR CU5 notable exclusions
- Install and upgrade analytics
- XenApp 6.5 migration