Configuring Citrix Casting
- Bluetooth enabled on the device for hub discovery.
- Both Citrix Ready workspace hub and Citrix Workspace app must be on the same network.
- Port 55555 must not be blocked between the device running Citrix Workspace app and the Citrix Ready workspace hub.
- For Citrix Casting, port 1494 must not be blocked.
- Port 55556 is the default port for SSL connections between mobile devices and the Citrix Ready workspace hub. You can configure a different SSL port on Raspberry Pi’s settings page. If the SSL port is blocked, users cannot establish SSL connections to the workspace hub.
Configuring Citrix Casting launch
You can hide all or part of the Advanced Preferences sheet available from the Citrix Workspace app icon in the notification area. For more information, see Hiding the Advanced Preferences sheet.
Right-click the Citrix Workspace app icon from the notification area and select Advanced Preferences.
The Advanced Preferences dialog appears.
Select Citrix Casting.
The Citrix Casting dialog appears.
- Select one of the options:
- Yes – Indicates that Citrix Casting is launched when Citrix Workspace app starts.
- No, do not launch the Citrix Casting on startup – Indicates that Citrix Casting does not launch when Citrix Workspace app starts.
Selecting the option No does not terminate the current screen casting session. The setting is applied only at the next Citrix Workspace app launch.
- Click Save to apply the changes.
How to use Citrix Casting with Citrix Workspace app
Log on to Citrix Workspace app and enable Bluetooth on your device.
The list of available hubs is displayed. The list is sorted by the RSSI value of the workspace hub beacon package.
Select the workspace hub to cast your screen and choose one of the following:
- Select Mirror to duplicate the primary screen and cast the display to the connected workspace hub device.
- Select Extend to use the workspace hub device screen as your secondary screen.
Exiting Citrix Workspace app does not exit Citrix Casting.
In the Citrix Casting notification dialog, the following options are available:
- The current screen casting session displayed at the top.
- Refresh icon.
- Disconnect to stop the current screen casting session.
- Star icon to add the workspace hub to Favorites.
- Right-click the workspace hub icon in the notification area and select Exit to disconnect the screen casting session and to exit Citrix Ready workspace hub.
If Citrix Workspace app cannot detect and communicate with any available workspace hubs in range, ensure that you do the following as part of self-check:
- Citrix Workspace app and Citrix Ready workspace hub are connected to the same network.
- Bluetooth is enabled and working properly on the device where Citrix Workspace app is launched.
- The device where Citrix Workspace app is launched is within range (less than 10 meters and without any obstructing objects such as walls) of Citrix Ready workspace hub.
- Launch a browser in Citrix Workspace app and type [http://
:55555/device-details.xml](http:// :55555/device-details.xml) to check whether the workspace hub device details are displayed.
- Click Refresh in Citrix Ready workspace hub and try reconnecting to the workspace hub.
Known issues and limitations
- Citrix Casting does not work unless the device is connected to the same network as the Citrix Ready workspace hub.
- In case of network issues, there might be a lag in display on the workspace hub device.
- When you select Extend, the primary screen where Citrix Ready workspace app is launched flashes multiple times.
- In Extend mode, you cannot set the secondary display as the primary display.
- The screen casting session automatically disconnects when there is any change in the display settings on the device. For example, change in screen resolution, change in screen orientation.
- During the screen casting session, if the device running Citrix Workspace app locks, sleeps or hibernates, an error appears at login.
- Multiple screen casting sessions is not supported.
- The maximum screen resolution supported by Citrix Casting is 1920 x 1440.
- Citrix Casting supports Citrix Ready workspace hub Version 2.40.3839 and later. Workspace hub with earlier versions might not get detected or cause a casting error.
- This feature is not supported on Citrix Workspace app for Windows (Store).