Deploy Citrix Workspace app for Windows from a Web Interface logon screen
This feature is available only for Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops releases that support Web Interface.
You can deploy Citrix Workspace app for Windows from a web page to ensure that users have it installed before they try to use the Web Interface. The Web Interface provides a client detection and deployment process that detects which Citrix clients can be deployed within the user’s environment and then guides them through the deployment procedure.
You can configure the client detection and deployment process to run automatically when users access a XenApp website. If the Web Interface detects that a user does not have compatible version of Citrix Workspace app, the user is prompted to download and install Citrix Workspace app for Windows.
Email-based account discovery does not apply when Citrix Workspace app for Windows is deployed from Web Interface. If email-based account discovery is configured and a first-time user installs Citrix Workspace app for Windows from Citrix.com, Citrix Workspace app prompts the user for an email or server address. Entering an email address results in the error message Your email cannot be used to add an account. Use the following configuration to prompt for the server address only.
- Download CitrixWorkspaceApp.exe to your local computer.
- Rename CitrixWorkspaceApp.exe to CitrixWorkspaceWeb.exe.
- Specify the changed file name in the ClientIcaWin32 parameter in the configuration files for your XenApp websites. To use the client detection and deployment process, the Citrix Workspace app for Windows installation files must be available on the Web Interface server. By default, the Web Interface assumes that the Citrix Workspace Aap installation files and the files supplied on the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops installation media are same.
- Add the sites from which the CitrixWorkspaceWeb.exe file is downloaded to the Trusted Sites zone.
- Deploy the renamed executable using your regular deployment method.