Aug 14, 2017
In the License Database step in the Configure AppDNA Environment wizard, you can activate a license or choose to run AppDNA in trial mode. In AppDNA, licenses are applied to the database and control which features you can use.
Activate now – Select this option to activate an AppDNA trial or retail license. Then, log on to www.citrix.com to allocate and download your license file (see http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX126167 for instructions). When you do this, you must enter the name of the machine that hosts the AppDNA license server.
License server machine – This shows the name of the AppDNA license server machine. Click Copy to copy this to the clipboard for pasting into www.citrix.com.
Typically the AppDNA license server is installed on the same machine as the AppDNA server, although sometimes it may be on a separate machine. If it is on a different machine, click Advanced below and enter the name of the machine. The machine name shown here then changes accordingly.
License file – After you have downloaded your license file, enter its name and location here. This must be a license issued from www.citrix.com and not an old AppDNA license (.clf) file. If necessary, you can log on to www.citrix.com and download new Citrix licenses that match your existing entitlements.
Important: If you have purchased multiple Citrix products, make sure you download your AppDNA license(s) separately from the licenses for the other products.
Run in trial mode – (Not available if the trial period has expired.) Select this option if you want to run AppDNA in trial mode for up to 30 days. This provides no limit to the number of applications that you can import and for which you can view the EstateView and Effort Calculator reports views. However, you can only see results in the other report views for up to five applications.
Activate a XenDesktop or XenApp Platinum license – Select this option to activate AppDNA using a Platinum license.
- Platinum license server machine – Enter the host name or IP address of the machine on which the Citrix License Server is installed.
- Port – Enter the license server port. By default, this is 27000. However, sometimes a different port is used. If in doubt, contact the XenDesktop or XenApp administrator.
- Activating your license may involve an IIS reset. Therefore, stop AppDNA clients before activating your license. An IIS reset makes any other web sites hosted by IIS on this server unavailable for a brief interval. An IIS reset terminates import and analysis sessions on running AppDNA clients connected to a web server that hosts both the AppDNA web site and database.
- You cannot activate a trial license on a database that already has a retail license activated.
Use the Advanced button if the AppDNA license server is running on a different machine or if you need to specify a different port.
Server name or IP address – This defaults to localhost. If the AppDNA license server is installed on a separate machine, enter the host name or IP address.
Port – By default the AppDNA license server uses port 8079.
- If this is a new installation and this port is already in use, you must reconfigure the license server to use another port and enter that port number here. For more information, see Licensing issues.
- If the AppDNA license server has already been configured to use a different port, enter that port number here.