Capture Web Application
Aug 14, 2017
- From the Windows Start menu, choose Citrix AppDNA > Web Application Capture.
- Use the General Settings tab and the Spider Settings tab to set the options that you want to use. See Stand-Alone Directed Spider for more information.
- Type or paste the URL of the web application you want to capture into the URL box.
- Click Add URL to add the URL to the list of URLs to be captured.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 if you want to capture multiple web applications.
- Select the Manual Capture check box if you want to run the spider in manual mode. Clear the check box if you want to run the spider in automatic mode:
- Automatic mode. Use this option (the default) if you want the spider to walk through the web application automatically, stopping only when it encounters an input form or dialog box, depending on the configuration options chosen.
- Click Start Capture. The AppDNA Directed Spider then opens the first URL in the list in an Internet Explorer browser window. For information about the processing that takes place, see Web Capture Processing.
- When all of the captures have completed, click the X in the top right corner to close the window.
The output is located in the folder that is specified on the General Settings tab in the stand-alone spider window. The output for each application is stored in a separate folder, whose name is derived from the URL, and the date and time stamp.
If you chose not to generate an MSI, the web application’s folder contains a Rendered subfolder, which contains all of the captured data. You can use the Stand-alone MSI Converter tool to convert this into an MSI for import into AppDNA.
If an MSI was generated, it is stored in the output folder. You can import this MSI directly into AppDNA on the Web Direct Import tab in the Import Web Applications screen. See Web Direct Import for more information.
Note: When you run the AppDNA Directed Spider from within AppDNA, an MSI file is always generated and imported into AppDNA automatically.