Aug 14, 2017
Citrix recommends that you test the performance of your configuration before you perform any large-scale imports and analysis.
Configure the Performance Monitor
Open the Windows Performance Monitor and then expand Data Collector Sets.
Right-click User Defined and then choose New > Data Collector Set.
Complete the Create New Data Collector Set wizard:
- Enter a name such as AppDNA Performance.
- Select Create from a template.
- Select the template System Performance.
The new data collector set name appears in the Performance Monitor window.
Right-click the new data collector set, choose Properties, click the Stop Condition tab, and clear the Overall Duration check box.
Test AppDNA import and analysis
- From the AppDNA side bar, choose Import & Analyze > Applications.
- In the Import Applications screen, add and select a few applications (up to five, including at least one large and complex application).
- In the Windows Performance Monitor, right-click the AppDNA Performance data collector set and choose Start.
- In the AppDNA Import Applications screen, click Import.
- After the applications are imported, click Analyze if the analysis does not automatically start.
- After the applications are analyzed, open the Windows Performance Monitor and stop the AppDNA Performance data collector set.
- In Performance Monitor, review the AppDNA Performance report:
- If Current Disk Queue Length Maximum is more than 2, consider moving the AppDNA database to a separate disk. For more information, see Optimize SQL Server.
- If Processor Utilization is more than 70-80%, Citrix recommends that you upgrade the processor.