Aug 14, 2017
Activating a license is the process of applying a license file to a specific AppDNA database – for example, after buying a full license after running in evaluation mode, or upgrading from AppDNA Standard to Enterprise edition. You can activate additional license files against a database that is already licensed – for example, to increase the number of applications you can view reports for. You can also activate an AppDNA database using a XenDesktop or XenApp Platinum license.
When you activate a license, it is imported into the AppDNA license server and applied to a specific AppDNA database.
Note: Activating a full license automatically unlocks applications, provided there are enough application licenses to unlock all of the applications that have been analyzed but that are still locked. If there are not enough free application licenses, you need to unlock the applications yourself later in the Apply Licenses screen.
To activate a license file:
From the Windows Start menu on the AppDNA server machine, choose Citrix AppDNA > Management Tools > Configure AppDNA.
In the first step in the Configure AppDNA Environment wizard, choose Licensing.
In the License Management step, choose Activate.
In the Choose Database step, choose the database for which you want to activate a license.
To activate an AppDNA evaluation or commercial license, select Activate now.
- To the right of the License server machine, click Copy to copy the machine name to the clipboard for pasting into www.citrix.com.
- Log on to www.citrix.com and allocate and download your license file (see http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX126167 for instructions). Important: If you have purchased multiple Citrix products, make sure you download your AppDNA licenses separately from the licenses for the other Citrix products.
- After you have downloaded your license file, enter its name and location in the License file box.
To activate AppDNA using a XenDesktop or XenApp Platinum license, select Activate a XenDesktop or XenApp Platinum license.
- In the Machine box, enter the host name or IP address of the machine on which the XenDesktop or XenApp license server is installed.
- Enter the license server port in the Port box. By default, this is 27000. However, sometimes a different port is used. If in doubt, contact your XenDesktop or XenApp administrator.
If a System Check fails, refer to System Check issues.
Click Next to activate the license file.
When the activation has finished, the wizard displays a message if you must unlock the applications in the Apply Licenses screen.