Create an AppDNA database
Note: The wizard creates new databases in the default database file location set in SQL Server. To store the database files in a different location, change the default location in SQL Server before you follow the steps below.
- From the Windows Start screen or menu on the AppDNA server machine, choose Programs > Citrix AppDNA > Management Tools > Configure AppDNA.
- In the first step in the Configure AppDNA Environment wizard, choose Reconfigure installation, and then click Next.
- In the Existing Configuration step, click Add database, and then click Next.
- In the Database creation step, specify the details as follows:
- Server name – Enter this as Machine\Instance, where Machine is the name of the machine that hosts the SQL Server installation and Instance is the SQL Server instance if a named instance is in use. If a named instance is not in use, omit the backslash (\).
- Database name – The name of the new database. Defaults to AppDNADB. If the database administrator has created an empty database for you to use, enter its name here. Otherwise enter a name that does not already exist within the SQL Server instance.
Database authentication – Enter the credentials for connecting to SQL Server to create the database.
- Windows authentication – This type of authentication uses the logged on Windows user account when connecting to the database. The user account must have a password.
- SQL Server authentication – Enter the user name and password.
- Click Next and then, in the AppDNA web site credentials step, specify the credentials that the AppDNA web site is to use when connecting to the database after it is created. The options are:
- Use the built-in IIS application pool identity.
- Use these credentials – Specify the credentials to be used. For a production system, Citrix recommends an AppDNA-specific service account that has a password that does not expire (not the account used to create the database).
- In the License Database step you can choose to activate a commercial AppDNA license or run AppDNA in trial mode for up to 30 days.
- Run in trial mode – Select this option to run AppDNA in trial mode for up to 30 days. This provides no limit to the number of applications that you can import and for which you can view the EstateView and Effort Calculator reports views. However, you can only view the results in the other report views for up to five applications.
Activate a XenDesktop or XenApp Platinum license – Select this option to activate AppDNA using a XenDesktop or XenApp Platinum license.
- Platinum license server machine – Enter the host name or IP address of the machine on which the XenDesktop or XenApp License Server is installed.
- Port – Enter the license server port. By default, this is 27000. However, sometimes a different port is used. If in doubt, contact your XenDesktop or XenApp administrator.
- Click Next to move to the System Check step. See System Check issues for information about the checks and what to do if they fail.
- Click Configure to start the creation of the database. This takes some time. When the process has finished, a summary page appears. Note the name of the site. You will need it to log on to AppDNA.
Note: You can rename the site after you have logged into AppDNA. For more information, see Sites.