- What's new
- System requirements
- Get started
- Direct Import
- Install Capture
- Web applications
- Import Applications Toolbar
- Report views
Prepare to import
- Discover Applications
- Integrate data from Active Directory and Configuration Manager
- Install Capture
- Operating system images
- Modules, reports, and algorithms
- Custom reports
- Forward Path
- External data
- Task locks
- Web site
- Configure AppDNA Environment wizard
- System Check issues
- Active Directory and Configuration Manager issues
- Install Capture issues
Install Capture settings
The Settings dialog box contains general AppDNA options. To open the Settings dialog box, choose Edit > Settings from the menus.
After making changes in this dialog box, click Save to preserve your changes.
Use the Virtual Machines tab on the Install Capture page in the Settings dialog box to view, add, edit, and delete virtual machine configurations for use with Install Capture and Forward Path tasks. Each configuration has a unique name, which appears in the Select VM Configuration drop-down box on the Install Capture tab in the Import Applications screen. You can create multiple configurations to meet different requirements.
The toolbar on the Virtual Machines tab provides the following options:
- New. Add a new virtual machine configuration. This opens the Virtual Machine Configuration Wizard.
- Edit. Opens the Virtual Machine Configuration wizard where you can make any necessary modifications to the selected configuration. This is the recommended way to edit a virtual machine configuration. Select the configuration in the list before you click this button.
- Advanced. Opens the Virtual Machine Configuration dialog box to view or edit the settings of an existing configuration. Select the configuration in the list before you click this button. See Virtual Machine Configuration Dialog Box for more information.
- Delete. Deletes the selected configuration.
- Set as default. If you have multiple virtual machine configurations, use this button to set one as the default. This is then selected by default in the drop-down list on the Install Capture tab in the Import Applications screen.
Note: Virtual machine configurations are stored on a per user basis. This means that this dialog box and the drop-down on the Install Capture tab in the Import Applications screen list only the virtual machine configurations that were created with the AppDNA user account that you are currently logged on as.
Execution profiles control the tasks and resources that are run on the virtual machine during the Install Capture process. Advanced users can create and edit execution profiles by using the Execution Profiles tab.
The Execution Profiles tab provides the following options:
- New. Add a new execution profile. This opens the Edit an execution profile.
- Edit. Open the Edit Execution Profile dialog box, where you can make any necessary modifications to the selected execution profile.
- Delete. Delete the selected execution profile.
- Set as Default. Set the selected execution profile as the default execution profile. This means that it is selected by default, for example, in the execution profile drop-down box on the Install Capture tab in the Import Applications screen.
- Import. Import an execution profile from an XML file. This can be an XML file that you saved earlier or an XML file provided by Citrix.
- Export. Export an execution profile to an XML file. Citrix recommends that you use this feature to create a backup of an execution profile before changing it.
The Settings tab in Install Capture Settings has one setting:
Skip virtual machine system check. Select this check box if you do not want AppDNA to check the virtual machine configuration when you click Import in the Import Applications screen when importing applications through the Install Capture tab. Clear this check box to enable the checks.