- What's new
- System requirements
- Get started
- Direct Import
- Install Capture
- Web applications
- Import Applications Toolbar
- Report views
Prepare to import
- Discover Applications
- Integrate data from Active Directory and Configuration Manager
- Install Capture
- Operating system images
- Modules, reports, and algorithms
- Custom reports
- Forward Path
- External data
- Task locks
- Web site
- Configure AppDNA Environment wizard
- System Check issues
- Active Directory and Configuration Manager issues
- Install Capture issues
You can inspect your AppDNA licenses in the Configure AppDNA Environment wizard. The Inspect Licenses page in the wizard displays information about the licenses that are applied to your database. There are two tabs:
Details. The top part of this tab shows some general properties and the lower part shows the modules. The top part of the tab shows the following:
- License ID. This is the internal ID that the AppDNA licensing service assigns to the license.
- Client ID. This is the internal ID that the AppDNA licensing service assigns to the database.
- Installation ID. This is the internal ID that the AppDNA licensing service assigns to the AppDNA installation.
- Subscription Advantage. This shows the date that your Citrix Subscription Advantage membership expires. When you are a current member of this program, you are eligible to upgrade to the latest release of AppDNA.
- Production Manager. Enables Install Capture and Self-Provisioning to be used to package applications for App-V or XenApp. This requires additional software (that does not come with AppDNA) to be installed on the capture machine.
For each module, the following details are shown:
Module. The module name. For a full list of the names of the modules and their reports, see the table below. For more information about the reports in each module, see Standard AppDNA reports.
Limit. The number of applications for which you can view the application and remediation report views of the reports in this module.
For XenApp and XenDesktop Platinum licenses, there is no limit to the number of applications for which you can view reports. For other retail (non-evaluation) licenses, applications are locked and reports are unavailable after you exceed the number of applications licensed.
Available. The number of free application licenses.
Start. The date the license started.
End. The date the license expires. Reports will not be visible after this date.
License files. This shows the license files that have been applied to the database.
|Desktop Compatibility Manager (DCM)||Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7 SP1|
|SBC Manager||XenApp Hosted|
|WebApp Compatibility Manager||Internet Explorer (IE), Firefox, Secure Web|
|Production Manager||Patch Impact|
|Virtualization Manager||AppDisks, App-V|
|Server Compatibility Manager||Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012/2012 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1|
To inspect your licenses:
- From the Windows Start menu on the AppDNA server machine, choose Programs > Citrix AppDNA > Management Tools > Configure AppDNA.
- In the first step in the Configure AppDNA Environment wizard, choose Licensing, and then click Next.
- In the License Management step, choose Inspect, and then click Next.
- In the Choose Database step, choose the database whose license you want to inspect, and then click Next.