What's new in Windows builds
These new or enhanced features in Build 21103.
- Citrix Licensing Manager Enhancements. Displays license details after licenses are installed using a license access code or downloaded file.
These new or enhanced features in Build 20104.
- Citrix Licensing Manager Enhancements. These enhancements have been added to the Citrix Licensing Manager:
- Install licenses by using the license access code or a license file (.lic).
- Retry failed usage statistic uploads to Citrix.
- Server configuration screen displays last upload information.
These new or enhanced features in Build 19005.
- Proxy settings. Windows automatic proxy detection is enabled for components requiring outward bound web communications. The License Server automatically detects the proxy in its environment and communicates to the intended recipient without manual intervention.
Not available in License Server VPX.
- Citrix Licensing Manager Enhancements. Checks the availability of Subscription Advantage renewal licenses and can notify you of their existence or automatically install the licenses.
Allows anytime configuration of Citrix Customer Experience (CEIP) and Call Home. Set this configuration during install or upgrade. Call Home is a collection of basic usage and statistical information). For more information, see Citrix Licensing Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) and Call Home.
Not available in License Server VPX.
These new or enhanced features in Build 17005.
- Citrix License Management Service. Allows for license management and support.
- Links to Citrix Insight Services to provide you with a license management console.
- Enables better Citrix support of your license environment.
- Provides essential information for you to understand and control your license environment while your organization grows.
For more information, see Citrix License Management Service.
- Database storage - Database stores and exports the historical use data, increasing performance.
What's new in VPX builds
This new or enhanced feature in Build 17000.
- New version of the Citrix License Server VPX. The self-contained Linux-based virtual appliance that allows deployment of licensing in your Citrix environment.
These new or enhanced features in Build 16100.
- New version of Citrix License Server VPX. A self-contained Linux-based virtual appliance that allows deployment of licensing in your Citrix environment. License Server VPX contains a script to export and import licenses and data and move between VPX releases. You can bring the appliance online by:
- Importing the appliance to your host or pool of hosts.
- Configuring basic networking - specifying IP address, hostname, and other network information.
- Using the License Administration Console to upload licenses for your hosts.
- Call Home. Call Home capabilities have been extended to detect Citrix Service Provider licenses and report product usage to Citrix. For more information, see Citrix Licensing Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) and Call Home.
For more information about version numbers, see Differences in License Server version numbers.
To find your License Server version number
When you are unsure if your License Server version is current, you can verify it by comparing your version to the number on the Downloads site.
On a License Server with the License Administration Console
- Start the License Administration Console from the programs menu: Citrix > Management Consoles > License Administration Console.
- Select Administration and select the System Information tab. See the release version in the information list.
On a License Server without the License Administration Console
- Open the Registry Editor (Start > Run > regedit).
Note: Use Registry Editor to view the license server information only. Editing the Registry can cause serious problems that might require you to reinstall your operating system.
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\LicenseServer\Install.
The version number appears in the Version key in the format, for example: 22.214.171.124 build 16100.
On servers running Windows 2008 Server 64-bit, the registry key is