When installing licensing on the command line, use CEIPOPTIN to specify whether, or how, to opt in to CEIP or Call Home Optional parameter. The default is CEIP.
Diagnostic - Call Home
Anonymous - CEIP
For more command-line installation information, see the "Use the command line to install licensing" section under Install licensing components for Windows.
You can change the choice made at installation by editing the CITRIX.opt file:
#CITRIX CEIP value
Where value is DIAG, ANON, or NONE
On VPX, do not change the CITRIX.opt file. As root, execute the following command and make your choice of CEIP [1.DIAG 2.ANON 3.NONE]
Citrix Licensing Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP)
CEIP is voluntary. When you opt in, the CEIP services running in Citrix products gather anonymous configuration and usage data from your deployment. The services automatically send the data to Citrix once a week, based on the service start time. CEIP collects these classes of data:
- Configuration data
- Performance and reliability data
How your privacy is protected:
- Citrix does not collect any personally identifiable data.
- Random identifier is created at install time, which tracks data transfers over time.
- Citrix does not record information such as IP addresses, server names, or domain names.
- All data is sent using HTTPS directly to Citrix servers - no third-party data hosting services.
- All data is secured on Citrix servers and is accessible only by authorized individuals.
Citrix Call Home
Call Home is voluntary. When you opt in, Call Home performs periodic collection of system and product configuration, performance, errors, and more. The data identifies you as a customer. This information is transmitted to Citrix Insight Services once a week, based on the service start time. Citrix support and product teams use the information to resolve issues proactively.