To upgrade the License Server
Download the license components on the Citrix website (Downloads page), start the License Server installer (CitrixLicensing.exe) as an administrator, and follow the graphical interface.
To upgrade the License Server from your product media
If you use the product media for your installation, you might have to enable some functionality by using the Citrix Licensing Manager after your installation. For example, use the Citrix Licensing Manager to enable Customer Success Services renewals.
- From your License Server, open the media for your product.
- If you do not see Setup, use Windows Explorer to open Autorun.exe or AutoSelect.exe.
- Navigate through the Setup screens to Citrix Licensing and follow the instructions.
To upgrade the License Server from the command line
Ensure that you run the command line with administrator privileges. To start the command prompt with elevated privileges, choose Start, right-click Command Prompt, and choose Run as administrator.
Note: The Citrix Service Provider program requires Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) and Call Home. If you are a Citrix Service Provider, you cannot disable CEIP or Call Home.
You cannot change ports during a command line upgrade.
The following sample command line installs licensing in silent mode.
CitrixLicensing.exe /quiet /l install.log INSTALLDIR=installdirectory CEIPOPTIN=ANON
- /quiet specifies a silent (quiet) installation.
- /l specifies the log file location
- INSTALLDIR is the location where the License Server executable is stored. Optional parameter. The default is c:\program files\citrix licensing or c:\program files (x86)\citrix\licensing.
- CEIPOPTIN specifies whether, or how, to opt in to Citrix Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) or Call Home. Optional parameter. The default is ANON.
- DIAG - Call Home
- ANON - CEIP
You can modify the CEIP and Call Home choice using the Citrix Licensing Manager.