Feb 27, 2018
This article includes the system requirements for the MDX Toolkit 10.3 and the MDX App SDK.
MDX Toolkit and MDX App SDK (iOS and Android)
Java Development Kit (JDK) 1.7 or 1.8.
You can download the JDK 1.8 from Java SE Development Kit Downloads on the Oracle web site. For installation instructions, see the JDK 8 and JRE 8 Installation Guide on the Oracle web site. Be sure to install the full JDK; set JDK 1.8 as the default.
macOS 10.10 (minimum version for iOS 9 apps)
The installer for the MDX Toolkit and MDX App SDK must run on macOS. The installer includes macOS tools that wrap both iOS and Android apps, as well as a Java command-line tool that wraps Android apps.
For MDX App SDK: iOS 9 SDK with Xcode 7, with bitcode generation disabled.
Bitcode generation is on by default in Xcode 7. You must disable it to use Xcode 7 with the MDX App SDK.
Other Requirements for Wrapping iOS Mobile Apps
- To obtain access to the app wrapping prerequisites for iOS, you must register for an Apple distribution account. There are three types of iOS developer accounts: Enterprise, Individual, and University. Citrix strongly recommends iOS Developer Enterprise accounts.
- iOS Developer Enterprise accounts: The only type of Apple Developer account that allows you to provision, deploy, and test unlimited apps to unlimited devices, with or without app wrapping. Be sure to distribute your Developer Certificate to your developers so they can sign apps.
- iOS Developer Individual accounts: Limited to 100 registered devices per year and do not qualify for app wrapping and enterprise distribution with XenMobile.
- iOS Developer University accounts: Limited to 200 registered devices per year and do not qualify for app wrapping and enterprise distribution with XenMobile.
- iOS 9 app wrapping prerequisites:
- OS X 10.10 (Yosemite; minimum version)
- Xcode 7 (minimum version)
- Xcode command-line tools (April, 2013)
Note: Download the Xcode command-line tools from the Xcode Apple Developer web site. macOS 10.10 does not install the tools automatically. To install the tools, follow these steps:
In Applications > Utilities, click Terminal to use the Mac command-line interface.
Type the following command:
Be sure to include two hyphens before the word install in the command.
After the Xcode command-line tools install, run Xcodeto install any pre-requisites.
Other Requirements for Wrapping Android Mobile Apps
Android Software Development Kit (SDK), API Level 19 (minimum supported version)
Download the Android SDK from the SDK download page on the Google developer website.
Install the latest Android SDK Tools, Android SDK Platform-tools, and Android SDK Build-tools.
For details, see Installing the Android SDK on the Google developer website.
Add the location of the newly installed folders to the PATH variable in your environment.
Valid keystore (containing digitally signed certificates used to sign your Android apps)
You create a keystore one time and retain this file for current and future wrapping. If you do not use the same keystore when wrapping the new version of an app you previously deployed, upgrades of that app won’t work. Instead, users need to manually remove the older version before installing the new version.
A keystore can contain multiple private keys; in most cases, the keystore will only have one key.
For details about certificates, see Signing Your Applications on the Android Developers website.
You must sign your apps with a key that meets the following guidelines:
- 1024-bit keysize
- DSA key algorithm (keyalg)
- SHA1with DSA signing algorithm (sigalg)