Showing the Client Choices Page at Logon
When you enable the client choices option, users can log on with the NetScaler Gateway Plug-in, the Web Interface, Receiver or clientless access from one web page after successful authentication to NetScaler Gateway. When log on is successful, icons appear in the web page from which users can choose the method to establish a connection. You can also configure the NetScaler Gateway Plug-in for Java to appear on the choices page.
You can enable client choices without using endpoint analysis or implementing access scenario fallback. If you do not define a client security expression, users receive connection options for the settings that are configured on NetScaler Gateway. If a client security expression exists for the user session and the user device fails the endpoint analysis scan, the choices page offers only the option to use the Web Interface if it is configured. Otherwise, users can use clientless access to log on.
You configure client choices either globally or by using a session profile and policy.
Important: When configuring client choices, do not configure quarantine groups. User devices that fail the endpoint analysis scan and are quarantined are treated the same as user devices that pass the endpoint scan.
To enable client choices options globally
- In the configuration utility, on the Configuration tab, in the navigation pane, expand NetScaler Gateway and then click Global Settings.
- In the details pane, under Settings, click Change global settings.
- On the Client Experience tab, click Advanced Settings.
- On the General tab, click Client Choices and then click OK.
To enable client choices as part of a session policy
You can also configure client choices as part of a session policy and then bind it to users, groups, and virtual servers.
- In the configuration utility, on the Configuration tab, in the navigation pane, expand NetScaler Gateway > Policies and then click Session.
- In the details pane, on the Policies tab, click Add.
- In Name, type a name for the policy.
- Next to Request Profile, click New.
- In Name, type a name for the profile.
- On the Client Experience tab, click Advanced.
- On the General tab, next to Client Choices, click Override Global, click Client Choices, click OK and then click Create.
- In the Create Session Policy dialog box, next to Named Expressions, select General, select True value, click Add Expression, click Create and then click Close.