Configuring Service Policies
A service is a program the runs silently on the user device. When you create a session or preauthentication policy, you can create an expression that ensures that user devices are running a particular service when the session is established.
To configure a service policy
- In the configuration utility, in the navigation pane, do one of the following:
- In the configuration utility, on the Configuration tab, in the navigation pane, expand NetScaler Gateway > Policies and then click Session.
- In the configuration utility, on the Configuration tab, in the navigation pane, expand NetScaler Gateway > Policies > Authentication/Authorization, and then click Pre-Authentication EPA.
- In the details pane, on the Policies tab, click Add.
- In Name, type a name for the policy.
- Next to Match Any Expression, click Add.
- In the Add Expression dialog box, in Expression Type, select Client Security.
- Configure the settings for the following:
- In Component, select Service.
- In Name, type the name of the service.
- In Qualifier, leave blank or select Version.
- Depending on your selection in Qualifier, do one of the following:
- If left blank, in Operator, select == or !=
- If you selected Version, in Operator, in Value, type the value, click OK and then click Close.
You can check a list of all available services and the status for each on a Windows-based computer at the following location:
Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services
Note: The service name for each service varies from its listed name. Check for the name of the service by looking at the Properties dialog box.