Configuring the VPN User Experience
Users can use the following methods to connect to your organization’s network resources through Citrix Gateway:
- Citrix Receiver that contains all Citrix plug-ins installed on the user device.
- Receiver for Web that allows user connections to applications, desktops, and ShareFile by using a Web browser.
- Worx Home to allow users to access WorxMail, WorxWeb and mobile apps from their iOS and Android devices.
- Citrix Gateway Plug-in for Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux.
- Citrix Gateway App for iOS and Android.
- Citrix Gateway Plug-in for Java.
- Clientless access that provides users with the access they need without installing user software.
- Interoperability with Citrix Repeater Plug-in.
If users install the Citrix Gateway Plug-in and then install Receiver from XenApp 6.5 for Windows Server 2008 (including Feature Pack and Feature Pack 2), XenDesktop 7.0 or newer, Receiver automatically adds the Citrix Gateway Plug-in. Users can connect with the Citrix Gateway Plug-in from a web browser or from Receiver.
SmartAccess determines automatically the methods of access that are allowed for a user device based on the results of an endpoint analysis scan. For more information about SmartAccess, see Configuring SmartAccess topic.
Citrix Gateway supports XenMobile Worx apps for iOS and Android mobile devices. Citrix Gateway contains Secure Browse that allows connections to Citrix Gateway from iOS mobile devices that establishes the Micro VPN tunnel. Android devices that connect with Worx Home also establish a Micro VPN tunnel automatically that provides secure web and mobile application-level access to resources in your internal network. If users connect from an Android device with Worx apps, you must configure DNS settings on Citrix Gateway. For details, see Supporting DNS Queries by Using DNS Suffixes for Android Devices topic.