Enabling Clientless Access
When you enable clientless access on a global level, all users receive the settings for clientless access. You can use the Citrix Gateway wizard, a global policy, or a session policy to enable clientless access.
In a global setting or a session profile, clientless access has the following settings:
- On. Enables clientless access. If you disable client choices and you do not configure or disable StoreFront or the Web Interface, users log on by using clientless access.
- Allow. Clientless access is not enabled by default. If you disable client choices, and you do not configure or disable StoreFront or the Web Interface, users log on with the Citrix Gateway Plug-in. If endpoint analysis fails when users log on, users receive the choices page with clientless access available.
- Off. Clientless access is turned off. When you select this setting, users cannot log on by using clientless access and the icon for clientless access does not appear on the choices page.
Note: If you configure clientless access by using the command-line interface, the options are ON, OFF, or Disabled.
If you did not enable clientless access by using the Citrix Gateway wizard, you can enable it globally or in a session policy by using the configuration utility.
To enable clientless access globally
- In the configuration utility, on the Configuration tab, in the navigation pane, expand NetScaler Gateway and then click Global Settings.
- In the details pane, under Settings, click Change global settings.
- On the Client Experience tab, next to Clientless Access, select ON and then click OK.
To enable clientless access by using a session policy
If you want only a select group of users, groups, or virtual servers to use clientless access, disable or turn off clientless access globally. Then, using a session policy, enable clientless access and bind it to users, groups, or virtual servers.
- In the configuration utility, on the Configuration tab, in the navigation pane, expand NetScaler Gateway > Policies and then click Session.
- In the details pane, on the Policies tab, click Add.
- In Name, type a name for the policy.
- Next to Request Profile, click New.
- In Name, type a name for the profile.
- On the Client Experience tab, next to Clientless Access, click Override Global, select On and then click Create.
- In the Create Session Policy dialog box, next to Named Expressions, select General, select True value, click Add Expression, click Create and then click Close.
- Click Create and then click Close.
After you create the session policy that enables clientless access, you bind it to a user, group, or virtual server.