Configuring the Number of User Sessions
You can configure the maximum number of users who are allowed to connect to NetScaler Gateway at a particular point in time, at either the global level or on a per virtual server level. Sessions are not created on NetScaler Gateway when the number of users connecting to the appliance exceeds the value that you configure. If the number of users exceeds the number you allow, users receive an error message.
To set the global user limit
When you configure the user limit globally, the restriction applies to all users who establish sessions to different virtual servers on the system. When the number of user sessions reaches the value you set, no new sessions can be established on any virtual server present on NetScaler Gateway.
You set the maximum number of users at the global level when you set the default authentication type for NetScaler Gateway.
- In the configuration utility, on the Configuration tab, in the navigation pane, expand NetScaler Gateway and then click Global Settings.
- In the details pane, under Settings, click Change authentication settings.
- In the Global Authentication Settings dialog box, in Maximum Number of Users, type the number of users and then click OK.
To set the user limit per virtual server
You can also apply the user limit to each virtual server on the system. When you configure the user limit per virtual server, the restriction applies only to users who establish sessions with the particular virtual server. Users who establish sessions with other virtual servers are not affected by this limit.
- In the configuration utility, on the Configuration tab, in the navigation pane, expand NetScaler Gateway and then click Virtual Servers.
- In the details pane, click a virtual server and then click Open.
- In Max Users, type the number of users and then click OK.