Encoding the Web Address
When you enable clientless access, you can choose to encode the addresses of internal web applications or to leave the address as clear text. The settings are:
- Obscure. This uses standard encoding mechanisms to obscure the domain and protocol part of the resource.
- Clear. The web address is not encoded and is visible to users.
- Encrypt. The domain and protocol are encrypted by using a session key. When the web address is encrypted, the URL is different for each user session for the same web resource. If users bookmark the encoded web address, save it in the web browser and then log off, when users log on and try to connect to the web address again using the bookmark, they cannot connect to the web address. Note: If users save the encrypted bookmark in the Access Interface during their session, the bookmark works each time the user logs on.
You can configure this setting either globally or as part of a session policy. If you configure encoding as part of session policy, you can bind it to the users, groups, or a virtual server.
To configure web address encoding globally
- In the configuration utility, on the Configuration tab, in the navigation pane, expand NetScaler Gateway and then click Global Settings.
- In the details pane, under Settings, click Change global settings.
- On the Client Experience tab, next to Clientless Access URL Encoding, select the encoding level and then click OK.
To configure web address encoding by creating a session policy
- In the configuration utility, on the Configuration tab, in the navigation pane, expand NetScaler Gateway > Policies and then click Session.
- In the details pane, on the Policies tab, click Add.
- In Name, type a name for the policy.
- Next to Request Profile, click New.
- In Name, type a name for the profile.
- On the Client Experience tab, next to Clientless Access URL Encoding, click Override Global, select the encoding level and then click OK.
- In the Create Session Policy dialog box, next to Named Expressions, select General, select True value, click Add Expression, click Create and then click Close.