Configuring Antivirus, Firewall, Internet Security, or Antispam Expressions
You configure settings for antivirus, firewall, Internet security, and antispam policies within the Add Expression dialog box. The settings for each policy are the same: the differences are the values that you select. For example, if you want to check the user device for Norton AntiVirus Version 10 and ZoneAlarm Pro, you create two expressions within the session or preauthentication policy that specify the name and version number of each application.
When you select Client Security as the expression type, you can configure the following:
- Component: The type of client security, such as antivirus, firewall, or registry entry.
- Name: The name of the application, process, file, registry entry, or operating system.
- Qualifier: The version or the value of the component for which the expression checks.
- Operator: Checks if the value exists or is equal to the value.
- Value: The application version for antivirus, firewall, Internet security, or antispam software on the user device.
- Frequency: Frequency with which a post-authentication scan is run, in minutes.
- Error weight: A weight assigned to each error message contained in a nested expression when multiple expressions have different error strings. The weight determines which error message appears.
- Freshness: Defines how old a virus definition can be. For example, you can configure the expression so virus definitions are no older than three days.
To add a client security policy to a preauthentication or session policy
- In the configuration utility, in the navigation pane, do one of the following:
- In the configuration utility, on the Configuration tab, in the navigation pane, expand NetScaler Gateway > Policies and then click Session.
- In the configuration utility, on the Configuration tab, in the navigation pane, expand NetScaler Gateway > Policies > Authentication/Authorization, and then click Pre-Authentication EPA.
- In the details pane, on the Policies tab, click Add.
- In Name, type a name for the policy.
- Next to Match Any Expression, click Add.
- In the Add Expression dialog box, in Expression Type, select Client Security.
- Configure the settings for the following:
- In Component, select the item for which to scan.
- In Name, type the name of the application.
- In Qualifier, select Version.
- In Operator, select the value.
- In Value, type the client security string, click OK, click Create and then click Close.