- Configuring NetScaler Pooled Capacity
- NetScaler Pooled Capacity on NetScaler Instances in High Availability mode
- NetScaler Pooled Capacity on NetScaler Instances in Cluster Mode
- Health Monitoring
- Expected Behaviors when Issues Arise
You can configure NetScaler Pooled Capacity on the NetScaler instances configured in high availability mode, on a new NetScaler HA pair or an existing HA pair. When a fail over happens, the secondary instance in a HA Pair checks-out the same capacity that was present in the primary instance.
To migrate an existing HA setup to NetScaler pooled capacity
1. Remove the existing platform licenses and warm restart both instances to make them unlicensed.
2. For an MPX instance, add NetScaler Pooled Capacity Platform license on both the instances.
3. On the Configuration tab, navigate to System > Licenses > Manage Licenses, click Add New License and select Use Pooled Licensing.
4. Enter the details of the license server in the Server Name/IP Address field.
5. If you want to manage your instance’s pool licenses through the NetScaler Management and Analytics System (MAS), select the Register with NetScaler MAS for manageability check box and enter the NetScaler Management and Analytics System credentials.
6. Warm reboot both the instances.
If you try to use NetScaler Pooled Capacity with the existing platform licenses on a VPX instance, the following error message appears in the NetScaler GUI.
To allocate NetScaler Pooled capacity licenses on NetScaler HA pair
The same amount of capacity needs to be assigned to both primary and secondary NetScaler instances in a HA pair.
1. In a web browser, type the IP address of the primary NetScaler instance in the HA pair (for example, http://192.168.100.1).
2. In the User Name and Password fields, enter the administrator credentials.
3. Select the license edition and the required bandwidth, click Get Licenses.
4. You can change or release the license allocation by using the Change allocation or Release allocation option.
5. If you click Change allocation, a pop-up window shows the licenses available on the license server.
A reboot is not required if you change the bandwidth allocation, but a warm reboot is required if you change the license edition.
6. You can allocate bandwidth or instances to the NetScaler instance from the Allocate drop-down list. Then click Get Licenses.
7. You can choose the license edition and the bandwidth required from the drop-down lists in the pop-up window.
Bandwidth allocation mst be an integral multiple of the minimum bandwidth unit of the corresponding form factor.