To install NetScaler MAS on Citrix XenServer, you must first download the NetScaler MAS .xva image file to your local computer. You must then use Citrix XenCenter to perform the NetScaler MAS installation.
Before installing NetScaler MAS , verify that the following requirements have been met:
- XenServer version 5.6 or later is installed on hardware that meets the minimum requirements.
- XenCenter is installed on a management workstation that meets the minimum requirements. You have to use XenCenter to install NetScaler MAS on XenServer.
- You have downloaded the NetScaler MAS .XVA image file.
XenServer Requirements for NetScaler MAS
The following table lists the virtual computing resources that XenServer must provide for each NetScaler MAS virtual appliance.
XenCenter System Requirements
XenCenter is a Windows client application. It cannot run on the same machine as the XenServer host. The following table describes the minimum system requirements.
1. Import the XVA image file to your XenServer, and from the Console tab configure the initial network configuration options, as shown in the figure below.
2. After specifying the required IP addresses, save the configuration settings.
3. When prompted, logon using nsrecover/nsroot credentials.
4. Execute the deployment script by typing the command at the shell prompt:
5. Select the deployment type as NetScaler MAS Server. If you do not select any option, by default, it is deployed as a server.
6. Type Yes to deploy NetScaler MAS as a standalone deployment.
7. Type Yes to restart the NetScaler MAS server.
To update the initial configuration in the NetScaler MAS, type networkconfig in the NetScaler MAS console. The console displays the NetScaler MAS initial network configuration options. You can then update the following parameters on the console:
- Host name of NetScaler MAS
- NetScaler MAS IPv4 address
- Gateway IPv4 address
- DNS IPv4 address
After the server is installed, you can access the graphical user interface (GUI) by typing the IP address of the NetScaler MAS server in the address bar of your browser. The default administrator credentials to log on to the server are nsroot/nsroot.
The browser displays the NetScaler MAS configuration utility.