Before installing SSL certificates on NetScaler instances, ensure that the certificates are issued by trusted CAs. Also, ensure that the key strength of the certificate keys is 2048 bits or higher and that the keys are signed with secure signature algorithms.
You can also import a certificate from a chosen NetScaler instance and apply it to other targeted NetScaler instances from the NetScaler MAS GUI.
1. Navigate to Networks > SSL Dashboard.
2. In the upper-right corner of the SSL dashboard, click Install.
3. On the Install SSL Certificate on NetScaler Instances page, specify the following parameters:
a. Certificate Source
Select the option to Import from Instance.
- Choose the Instance that you want to import the certificate from.
- Choose the Certificate from the list of all SSL certificate files on the instance.
b. Certificate Details
- Certificate Name. Specify a name for the certificate key.
- Password. Password to encrypt the private key. You can use this option to upload encrypted private keys.
4. Click Select Instances to select the NetScaler instances on which you want to install your certificates.
5. Click OK.