- Release Notes
- How-to Articles
- About NetScaler MAS
- NetScaler MAS Licensing
- Getting Started with NetScaler MAS
- System Requirements
Deploying NetScaler MAS
- NetScaler MAS with Citrix XenServer
- NetScaler MAS with Microsoft Hyper-V
- NetScaler MAS with VMware ESXi
- NetScaler MAS with Linux KVM server
- Deploy NetScaler MAS in high availability mode
- Migrate a single-server deployment to a high availability deployment
- Migrate from NetScaler Insight Center to NetScaler MAS
- Migrate Command Center configurations to NetScaler MAS
- Integrate NetScaler MAS with Citrix XenDesktop Director
- Attach an additional disk to NetScaler MAS
- Setting up NetScaler MAS
- Upgrading NetScaler MAS
- Managing NetScaler SD-WAN instances
Managing and Monitoring HAProxy instances
- Adding HAProxy instances to NetScaler MAS
- HAProxy Applications in Application Dashboard
- Third-party licensing
- Role Based Access Control in NetScaler MAS for HAProxy Instances
- How to Use the NetScaler MAS Dashboard to Monitor an HAProxy Instance
- How to Display the Details of the Frontends Configured on HAProxy Instances
- How to Display the Details of the Backends Configured on HAProxy Instances
- How to Display the Details of the Servers Configured on HAProxy Instances
- How to Use the Application Dashboard to View the HAProxy Instances That Have the Highest Number of Frontends or Servers
- How to Restart an HAProxy Instance From NetScaler MAS
- How to Back Up and Restore an HAProxy Instance by Using NetScaler MAS
- How to Edit the HAProxy Configuration File by Using NetScaler MAS
Application Analytics and Management
- Application Performance Analytics
- Application Security Analytics
- How to create an application definition in NetScaler MAS
- How to Enable or Disable Entities in NetScaler MAS
- How to Disable Entities in NetScaler MAS
- How to View the Effective State of a Virtual Server on NetScaler MAS
- How to Search for Entities in NetScaler MAS
- StyleBook groups
- Use default StyleBooks
- How to Create Your Own StyleBooks
- How to Use User-Defined StyleBooks in NetScaler MAS
- How to Use Instance Roles
- Use API to create configurations from StyleBooks
- Retrieve private StyleBooks
- Enable analytics and configure alarms on a virtual server defined in a StyleBook
- Create a StyleBook to upload files
- Create a StyleBook to upload SSL certificate and certificate key files
- SSO Google Apps StyleBook
- Microsoft Skype for Business StyleBook
- Microsoft Exchange StyleBook
- Microsoft SharePoint StyleBook
- How to use the SSO Office 365 StyleBook
- Import StyleBooks
- Parameters-Default-Sources Construct
- Helper Components
- Optional Properties
- Properties-Default-Sources Construct
- Nested Components
- Condition Construct
- Repeat Construct
- Repeat-Condition Construct
- Nested Repeats
- Parameter Reference
- Parent Reference
- Components Reference
- Substitutions Reference
- Variable Reference
- In-place Interpolations
- Built-in Functions
- Dependency Detection
- How to Monitor Globally Distributed Sites
- How to Manage Admin Partitions of NetScaler Instances
- How to Add Instances to NetScaler MAS
- How to Back Up and Restore NetScaler Instances Using NetScaler MAS
- How to Configure Sites for Geomaps in NetScaler MAS
- How to Force a Failover to the Secondary NetScaler Instance by Using NetScaler MAS
- How to Force a Secondary NetScaler Instance to Stay Secondary by Using NetScaler MAS
- How to Create Instance Groups on NetScaler MAS
- How to Rediscover Multiple NetScaler VPX Instances
- How to Poll NetScaler Instances and Entities in NetScaler MAS
- How to Unmanage an Instance on NetScaler MAS
- How to Trace the Route to an Instance from NetScaler MAS
- How to Set Event Age for Events on NetScaler MAS
- How to Schedule an Event Filter by Using NetScaler MAS
- How to Set Repeated Email Notifications for Events from NetScaler MAS
- How to Suppress Events by Using NetScaler MAS
- How to Use the Events Dashboard to Monitor Events
- Creating Event Rules
- How to Modify the Reported Severity of Events that Occur on NetScaler Instances
- How to View Events Summary in NetScaler MAS
- How to Display Event Severities and SNMP Traps Details on NetScaler MAS
- Using NetScaler MAS to Export Syslog Messages
- How to Suppress Syslog Messages in NetScaler MAS
- How to Configure Prune Settings for Instance Events
NetScaler Certificate Management
- How to Set Up Notifications for SSL Certificate Expiry from NetScaler MAS
- How to Install SSL Certificates on a NetScaler Instance
- How to Update an Installed Certificate from NetScaler MAS
- How to Link and Unlink SSL Certificates by Using NetScaler MAS
- How to Create a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) using NetScaler MAS
- How to Configure an Enterprise Policy on NetScaler MAS
- How to Use the SSL Dashboard on NetScaler MAS
- How to Poll SSL Certificates from NetScaler Instances
- How to Create a Configuration Job on NetScaler MAS
- How to Use Record-and-Play to Create Configuration Jobs
- How to Use Configuration Jobs to Replicate Configuration from One Instance to Multiple Instances
- How to Use Variables in Configuration Jobs on NetScaler MAS
- How to Create Configuration Jobs from Corrective Commands on NetScaler MAS
- How to Use Configuration Templates to Create Audit Templates on NetScaler MAS
- How to Create Configuration Jobs for SD-WAN WO Instances in NetScaler MAS
- How to Use the Master Configuration Template on NetScaler MAS
- How to Replicate Running and Saved Configuration Commands from One NetScaler Instance to Another on NetScaler MAS
- How to Upgrade NetScaler SDX Instances by Using NetScaler MAS
- How to Schedule Jobs Created by Using Built-in Templates in NetScaler MAS
- How to Reschedule Jobs That Were Configured by Using Built-in Templates in NetScaler MAS
- How to Reuse Executed Configuration Jobs
- How to Upgrade NetScaler Instances
- How to Use SCP (put) Command in Configuration Jobs
- How to Reuse Configuration Audit Templates in Configuration Jobs
- Creating Maintenance Tasks
- How to Import and Export Configuration Templates
- Configuration Audit
- Network Functions
- Network Reporting
- License requirements
- Understanding Logstream
- Web Insight
- HDX Insight
- Gateway Insight
- Security Insight
- SSL Insight
- TCP Insight
- WAN Insight
- Viewing the Type of Videos Streamed and the Data Volume Consumed from your Network
- Viewing the Peak Data Rate for a Particular Time Frame
- Comparing the Optimized and Un-Optimized Number of Plays of ABR Videos
- Compare the Optimized and Unoptimized Play Time of ABR Videos
- Comparing Bandwidth Consumption of Optimized and Un-Optimized ABR Videos
- Comparing the Data Volume Used by Optimized and Unoptimized ABR Videos
- Viewing the Network Efficiency
- Secure Web Gateway Analytics
Integrating NetScaler MAS with OpenStack Platform
- Pre-configuration tasks in NetScaler MAS and OpenStack
- Configure LBaaS V1 using Horizon
- Configure LBaaS V2 using command line
- Configure layer 7 content switching
- Manual provisioning of NetScaler VPX instance on OpenStack
- Shared VLAN support for admin partitions
- Trial licensing workflow
- Integrate with OpenStack Heat services
- Service package isolation policies
- Flexible policy-based device allotment
- NSX Manager - Manual provisioning of Citrix ADC instances
- NSX Manager - Auto provisioning of Citrix ADC instances
- NetScaler automation using NetScaler MAS in Cisco ACI hybrid mode
- NetScaler device package in Cisco ACI's cloud orchestrator mode
Authentication and Access Control
- Role-based Access Control in NetScaler MAS
- Configuring Authentication in NetScaler MAS
- Multi-Tenancy - Provide Exclusive Management Environment to Your Tenants
Managing NetScaler MAS System Settings
- Configure system backup settings
- Configure a NTP Server
- Upgrade NetScaler MAS
- Configure syslog purging interval
- Configure system prune settings
- Enable shell access for non-default users
- Recover inaccessible NetScaler MAS servers
- Assign a host name to a NetScaler MAS server
- Back up and restore your NetScaler MAS server in a single-server deployment
- View auditing information
- Configure SSL settings
- Monitor CPU, memory, and disk usage
- Configure system notification settings
- Generate a tech support file
- Diagnose and troubleshoot NetScaler instances
- Back Up and restore a NetScaler MAS configuration in an HA pair
- Configure a cipher group
- Create SNMP traps, managers, and users
- Configure and view system alarms
- NetScaler MAS as an API Proxy Server
NetScaler Pooled Capacity
- Configure NetScaler pooled capacity
- Upgrade a perpetual license in NetScaler VPX to NetScaler pooled capacity
- Upgrading a Perpetual License in NetScaler MPX to NetScaler Pooled Capacity
- Upgrade a perpetual license in NetScaler SDX to NetScaler pooled capacity
- NetScaler pooled capacity on NetScaler instances in cluster mode
- Health monitoring
- Expected behaviors when issues arise
- Configure expiry checks for pooled capacity licenses
- NetScaler VPX Check-In and Check-Out licensing
This content has been machine translated dynamically.
Dieser Inhalt ist eine maschinelle Übersetzung, die dynamisch erstellt wurde. (Haftungsausschluss)
Cet article a été traduit automatiquement de manière dynamique. (Clause de non responsabilité)
Este artículo lo ha traducido una máquina de forma dinámica. (Aviso legal)
This content has been machine translated dynamically.
This content has been machine translated dynamically.
This article has been machine translated.
Dieser Artikel wurde maschinell übersetzt. (Haftungsausschluss)
Ce article a été traduit automatiquement. (Clause de non responsabilité)
Este artículo ha sido traducido automáticamente. (Aviso legal)
이 기사는 기계 번역되었습니다.
Este artigo foi traduzido automaticamente.
How to Upgrade NetScaler Instances
You can use NetScaler MAS to upgrade one or more NetScaler instances. Before upgrading an instance, ensure you have uploaded the correct build and documentation files to the NetScaler instances. You must know the licensing framework and types of licenses before you upgrade an instance.
When you upgrade your NetScaler instance by creating a maintenance task, you can do the following:
- Perform a pre-validation check on the instances that are being upgraded. The pre-validation check consists of the following checks:
Check for any existing customizations on NetScaler instances and delete the customizations. You can reapply all the customizations after the upgrade process is completed.
Check the disk usage of NetScaler instances. If the disk usage is more than 80%, clean up the disk space.
Check for disk hardware issues of NetScaler instances.
Perform the NetScaler HA pair upgrade in two stages.
Perform the upgrade task on a node immediately or you can even schedule that for later.
Schedule the upgrade for the other node later. It must be scheduled after the initial node is upgraded.
When you upgrade a NetScaler HA pair, note the following:
Currently, the second node of the HA pair is upgraded first, and then, the upgrade for the first node is scheduled to be done later.
Synchronization and propagation of the nodes are disabled until both the nodes are upgraded successfully.
After the upgrade of both nodes, you will see an error message in execution history (that indicates that HA Sync is not enabled) if your nodes in the HA pair are on different builds or versions.
Navigate to Networks > Configuration Jobs > Maintenance Jobs.
In the Maintenance Jobs page, click Create Job.
In the Create Maintenance Job page, select Upgrade NetScaler/ Upgrade NetScaler HA and click Proceed.
On one or more Upgrade NetScaler Appliances page, in the Instance Selection tab, specify the Job Name and click Add Instances.
Select the target instances or instance groups that you want to upgrade.
- To upgrade NetScaler instances in high availability mode, you have to select IP addresses of either the primary or secondary instances. However, always using the primary node for the upgrade is recommended.
- To upgrade NetScaler instances in cluster mode, select the cluster IP address.
After you have added the NetScaler instances or instance groups, click Next to start the pre-upgrade validation on the selected instances. The screen reports the progress of pre-validation of each of the NetScaler instances.
On the Modify Upgrade NetScaler Appliance(s) page, select the Upgrade tab. From the Software Image drop-down menu, select either Local (your local machine) or Appliance (the build file must be present on NetScaler MAS).
You can also see if any instances have pre-validation upgrade errors. These errors are shown in the form of message. The messages show the errors related to disk space, hard disk drive, and user customization.
If you do not want to proceed with instances that have failed the pre-validation upgrade check, you can remove the instances. To remove the instances, select the instances and click Delete.
It is highly recommended to proceed the upgrade process, only if the pre-upgrade validation check passes for the NetScaler instances.
On the Schedule Task tab, you can also set execution details where you can perform the upgrade process now or schedule it for a later date.
You can enable email notification to receive the execution report of upgrading NetScaler instances. Click the Receive Execution Report Through Email checkbox to enable the email notification. To create an email distribution list:
Select the + icon to Create the Email Distribution List.
On the Create Email Distribution List page, specify a Name for the Email Distribution List. Add the SMTP mail server to use for sending email notifications to the Email Server. In the From box, add the Email address from which to send messages. In the To box, add Email address or addresses to which to send messages. You can also add an Email address or addresses to which to send message copies and copies without displaying these addresses in the messages or the copies. Click Create. After creating the email distribution list, click Finish to complete the configuring process.
On the Schedule Task tab, you can also perform the two-stage upgrade for nodes in HA. You can either perform the upgrade immediately or schedule a time for the nodes to be updated one after another. Synchronization and propagation of the nodes are disabled until both the nodes are upgraded successfully.