You can view details about incoming traffic, outgoing traffic, and total traffic of the top applications, sites, and application families as reports. This provides a holistic view of your network bandwidth usage.
Deep packet inspection (DPI) enables the SD-WAN appliance to parse the traffic passing through it and identify the application and application family types. The number of bytes of incoming and outgoing traffic of every application is recorded and is stored on the SD-WAN appliance. SD-WAN Center polls the SD-WAN appliance at the defined polling interval, obtains this data, and displays it on the dashboard and as reports.
To view application reports in SD-WAN Center:
In SD-WAN Center, click Reporting > Applications.
In the time-line control, select the time interval.
From the Report Type drop-down list, select a report type.
You can view the following reports:
- Top Applications: The top applications used in the network for the selected time interval. Can be filtered by site name. By default, the top applications for all the sites is displayed.
- Top Application Families: Top application families used in the network. Can be filtered by site name. By default, the top application families for all the sites is displayed.
- Top Sites: Traffic at the top sites for the selected time interval. Can be filtered by application or application family name.
For each report, you can view the following details:
- Incoming Traffic: Megabytes of application data coming into the site from the WAN.
- Outgoing Traffic: Megabytes of application data sent from the site to the WAN.
- Total Traffic: Sum of incoming and outgoing traffic.
You can view this data in units of Kbps, Mbps or Gbps.