The Change Management Wizard
The Change Management wizard guides you through the process of uploading, downloading, staging, and activating the SD-WAN software and configuration on the Master Control Node (MCN) appliance and client appliances.
The Change Management wizard is a component of the SD-WAN Management Web Interface running on the MCN, and is not part of the SD-WAN Center. However, you can use the SD-WAN Center to connect to the specified MCN, and access the Change Management wizard.
You must specify the MCN for the SD-WAN Center virtual machine before you can use SD-WAN Center to access the Change Management wizard on that MCN. For instructions, see, Specifying the MCN and Testing the Connection.
To open the Change Management Wizard:
In the SD-WAN Center web interface, click the Configuration tab.
Click Change Management.
At the Click here to Open Master Control Node’s Change Management prompt, click the here link.
The Login page for the SD-WAN Management Web Interface running on the associated MCN appears.
Log into the Management Web Interface on the MCN appliance.
Select the Configuration tab.
In the navigation tree (left pane), click + next to the Virtual WAN branch to expand that branch.
Click Change Management.
This displays the first page of the Change Management wizard, the Change Process Overview page, as shown in the figure below.
To start the wizard, click Begin.
For complete instructions on using the wizard to upload, stage, and activate the SD-WAN software and configuration on the appliances, please see the SD-WAN 9.1.0 User Guide.
The Change Management wizard has the following navigation elements:
- Page area: Displays the forms, tables, and activity buttons for each page of the Change Management wizard.
- Change Management wizard page tabs: On the left side of the page area, on each page of the wizard, tabs are listed in the order in which the corresponding steps occur in the wizard process. When a tab is active, you can click it to return to a previous page in the wizard. An active tab displays its name displays in a blue font. A gray font indicates an inactive tab. Tabs are inactive until all dependencies (previous steps) have been fulfilled without error.
- Appliance-Site table: At the bottom of the wizard page area, this table contains information about each configured appliance site, and links for downloading the active or staged appliance packages for that appliance model and site. A package in this context is a zip-file bundle containing the appropriate SD-WAN software package for that appliance model, and the specified configuration package. The Configuration Filenames section above the table shows the package name for the current active and staged packages on the local appliance.
- Active/Staged download links: In the Download Package field (far right column) of each entry in the Appliance-Site table, you can click a link in an entry to download the active or staged package for that appliance’s site.
- Begin button: Click Begin to initiate the Change Management wizard process and proceed to the Change Preparation tab page.
- Activate Staged button: If this is not an initial deployment, and you want to activate the currently staged configuration, you have the option of proceeding directly to the Activation step. Click Activate Staged to proceed directly to the Activation page and initiate activation of the currently staged configuration.