The Configuration Editor is available as a component of the SD-WAN Center Web Interface, and in the SD-WAN Management Web Interface running on the Master Control Node (MCN) of the SD-WAN.
You can use the Configuration Editor to edit the configuration settings and to create a configuration package. When the configuration package has been created, you can export it to the MCN and install it. The changes are then reflected in the MCN.
For detailed instructions on using the Configuration Editor to configure your SD-WAN, see SD-WAN documentation.
The Configuration Editor enables you to do the following:
- Add and configure SD-WAN Appliance sites and connections.
- Provision the SD-WAN appliance.
- Create and define SD-WAN Configuration.
- Define and view Network Maps of your SD-WAN system.
To open the Configuration Editor
1. In the SD-WAN Center web interface, click the Configuration tab.
2. Click Network Configuration.
The below figure outlines the basic navigation and page elements of the Configuration Editor, and the terminology used in this guide to identify them.
The primary screen of the Configuration Editor has the following navigation elements:
- Configuration Editor menu bar: Contains the primary activity buttons for Configuration Editor operations. In addition, at the far right edge of the menu bar is the View Tutorial link button for initiating the Configuration Editor tutorial. The tutorial walks you through a series of bubble descriptions for each element of the Configuration Editor display.
- Configuration Editor sections tree: The stack of dark grey bars located in the left pane of the Configuration Editor page area. Each grey bar represents a top-level section. There are five sections: Global, Sites, Connections, Optimization and Provisioning. Click a section bar to expand a section and reveal the configuration tree for that section. Click the bar again to collapse the section.
- Section tree branches: Click the + (plus sign) icon at the left of a section branch name in the section tree to open a section branch. Click – (minus sign) to close a branch. Each section branch includes one or more sub-branches of configuration categories and forms, which in turn can contain additional child branches and forms.
- Sites tree: Lists the site nodes that have been added to the configuration and are currently opened in the Configuration Editor. In the section tree, click the + icon at the left of Sites to open the Sites tree. Click + to the left of a site name to open the branch for that site. Click – (minus sign) to close a branch.
- Audits status bar: The dark grey bar at the bottom of the Configuration Editor page, and spanning the entire width of the Configuration Editor page. The Audits status bar is available only when the Configuration Editor is open. An Audit Alert icon (red dot or goldenrod delta) at the far left of the status bar indicates one or more errors present in the currently opened configuration. Click the status bar to display a complete list of all unresolved audit alerts for that configuration.
- Resize bar: The thin, grey, vertical bar on the right border of the main page area pane is available in most of the Configuration Editor pages. You can use the resize bar to grow or shrink the width of the page area to reveal or truncate content in a table, tree, or form. Roll your cursor over the resize bar until the cursor changes to a bidirectional arrow. Then click and drag the bar to the right or left to grow or shrink the area width.
If the resize bar is not available for a page area, you can click and drag the right edge of your browser to display the full page.