Before installing the NetScaler SD-WAN Center virtual machine on a XenServer server, gather the necessary information as described in Gathering the SD-WAN Center Installation and Configuration Information.
To install and configure the VM, perform the following tasks:
1. Install the XenServer server.
For instructions, see Installing the XenServer.
2. Create an SD-WAN Center VM by using the XVA file.
For instructions, see Creating the SD-WAN Center VM using XVA file.
3. Record the SD-WAN Center management IP address.
For instructions, see Viewing and Recording the SD-WAN Center Management IP Address on XenServer.
4. Configure the Management Interface settings.
For instructions, see Configuring the Management Interface Settings.
5. Install the SD-WAN Center certificate.
For instructions, see Installing the SD-WAN Center Certificate.
6. Specify the master control node (MCN) and test the connection to the MCN.
For instructions, see Specifying the MCN and Testing the Connection.
Installing the XenServer Server
To install the Citrix XenServer server on which you will deploy the SD-WAN Center virtual machine, you must have XenCenter installed on your computer. If you have not already done so, download and install XenCenter.
To install a XenServer server:
1. Open the XenCenter application on your computer.
2. In the left tree pane, right-click on XenCenter and select Add.
3. In the Add New Server window, enter the required information in the following fields:
- Server: Enter the IP Address or Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of the XenServer server that will host your SD-WAN Center VM instance.
- User name: Enter the server administrator account name. The default is root.
- Password: Enter the password associated with this administrator account.
4. Click Add.
The new server's IP address appears in the left pane.
Creating the SD-WAN Center VM by using the XVA file
The NetScaler SD-WAN Center virtual machine software is distributed as an XVA file. If you have not already done so, download the .xva file. For more information, see Downloading the NetScaler SD-WAN Center Software
To create the SD-WAN Center VM:
1. In XenCenter, right-click XenServer and click Import.
2. Browse to the downloaded .xva file, select it, and click Next.
3. Select a previously created XenServer server as the location to which to import the VM, and click Next.
4. Select a storage repository where the virtual disk for the new VM will be stored, and click Import.
For now, you can accept the default storage resource. Or you can configure the datastore. For more information see Adding and Configuring the Datastore on XenServer.
The imported SD-WAN Center VM appears in the left pane.
5. Select a network to which to connect the VM, and click Next.
Viewing and Recording the Management IP Address on XenServer
The management IP address is the IP address of the SD-WAN Center VM, use this IP address to log into the SD-WAN Center Web UI.
The DHCP server must be present and available in the SD-WAN network.
To display the management IP Address
1. In the XenCenter interface, in the left pane, right-click the new SD-WAN Center VM and select Start.
2. When the VM is started, click the Console tab.
3. Make a note of the management IP address.
The DHCP server must be present and available in the SD-WAN network, or this step cannot be completed.
4. Log into the VM. The default login credentials for the new SD-WAN Center VM are as follows:
If the DHCP server is not configured in the SD-WAN network, you have to manually enter a static IP address.
To configure a static IP address as the management IP address:
1. When the VM is started, click the Console tab.
2. Log into the VM. The default login credentials for the new SD-WAN Center VM are as follows:
3. In the console enter the CLI command management_ip.
4. Enter the command set interface <ipaddress> <subnetmask> <gateway>, to configure management IP.
Adding and Configuring the Data Storage for a XenServer Server
You can add and configure data storage to store statistics from SD-WAN center.
To add and configure the data storage
1. In XenCenter, shut down the SD-WAN Center VM.
2. On the Storage tab, click Add.
3. In the Name field, enter a name for the virtual disk.
4. In the Description field enter a description of the virtual disk.
5. In the Size field select the size required.
6. In the Location field select the local storage.
7. Switch the active storage to the new data store in the SD-WAN center web interface. For more information, see Switching the Active Storage to the new data store.