Rack Mounting a SD-WAN 2000 EE Appliance
A SD-WAN 2000 appliance requires one rack unit. Both are rack-mount devices that can be installed into two-post relay racks or four-post EIA-310 server racks. Verify that the rack is compatible with your appliance.
To mount a SD-WAN appliance, you must first install the rails and then install the appliance in the rack, as follows:
- Remove the inner rails from the rail assembly.
- Attach the inner rails to the appliance.
- Install the rack rails on the rack.
- Install the appliance in the rack.
To remove the inner rails from the rail assembly
- Place the rail assembly on a flat surface.
- Slide out the inner rail toward the front of the assembly.
- Depress the locking tabs until the inner rail comes all the way out of the rail assembly.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 to remove the second inner rail.
To attach the inner rails to the appliance
- Position the right inner rail behind the ear bracket on the right side of the appliance.
- Align the holes on the rail with the corresponding holes on the side of the appliance.
- Attach the rail to the appliance with the provided screws.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 to install the left inner rail on the left side of the appliance.
To install the rack rails
- Position the rack rails at the desired location in the rack, keeping the sliding rail guide facing inward.
- Snap the rails to the rack. Note: Make sure that both rack rails are at same height and that the rail guides are facing inward.
To install the appliance in the rack
- Align the inner rails, attached to the appliance, with the rack rails.
- Slide the appliance into the rack rails, keeping the pressure even on both sides, and push the appliance into the rack rails until it locks into place.
- Verify that the appliance is locked in place by pulling it all the way out from the rack.