Rack mounting the appliance
A SD-WAN 400, 800, 1000, 2000 or 3000 appliance requires one rack unit. These appliances are rack-mount devices that can be installed into two-post relay racks or four-post EIA-310 server racks. Verify that the rack is compatible with your appliance.
To mount the appliance, you must first install the rails and then install the appliance in the rack, as follows:
- Remove the inner rails from the rail assembly.
- Attach the inner rails to the appliance.
- Install the rack rails on the rack.
- Install the appliance in the rack.
To remove the inner rails from the rail assembly
- Place the rail assembly on a flat surface.
- Slide out the inner rail toward the front of the assembly.
- Depress the locking tabs until the inner rail comes all the way out of the rail assembly.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 to remove the second inner rail.
To attach the inner rails to the appliance
- Position the right inner rail behind the ear bracket on the right side of the appliance.
- Align the holes on the rail with the corresponding holes on the side of the appliance.
- Attach the rail to the appliance with the provided screws.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 to install the left inner rail on the left side of the appliance.
To install the rack rails
- Position the rack rails at the desired location in the rack, keeping the sliding rail guide facing inward.
- Snap the rails to the rack. Make sure that both rack rails are at same height and that the rail guides are facing inward.
To install the appliance in the rack
- Align the inner rails, attached to the appliance, with the rack rails.
- Slide the appliance into the rack rails, keeping the pressure even on both sides, and push the appliance into the rack rails until it 1. Verify that the appliance is locked in place by pulling it all the way out from the rack.
Figure 1. Rack Mounting the Appliance
The above illustration might not represent your actual appliance.