SD-WAN 4000/5000 appliances have two recommended deployment modes: WCCP and inline. These modes are commonly used without high availability (high availability), and less commonly with high availability.
At this time, Citrix recommends WCCP mode, with a single router and without high availability, for most deployments. Use inline mode when WCCP is not available.
Although not all of the following modes are recommended at this time, they are all supported:
- WCCP mode with a single router
- WCCP mode with a single router and high availability
- Cascade of two or more appliances in WCCP mode along with a NetScaler MPX Appliance
- Cascade of two or more appliances in WCCP mode along with a NetScaler MPX Appliance in high availability
- Inline mode
- Inline mode in high availability
- Virtual inline mode
- Virtual inline mode in high availability
Note: While modes other than WCCP and inline are supported, they are incompletely documented and are not recommended for typical installations. Please contact your Citrix representative when considering one of these modes.