Assigning a Management IP Address through the Serial Port
If you do not want to change the settings of your computer, you can configure the appliance by connecting it to your computer with a serial null modem cable. You must have physical access to the appliance.
To configure the appliance through the serial console
- Connect a serial null modem cable to the appliance’s console port.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the serial COM port of a computer running a terminal emulator, such as Microsoft HyperTerminal, with settings 9600,N,8,1, p.
- In the HyperTerminal output, press Enter. The terminal screen displays the logon prompt. Note: You might have to press Enter two or three times, depending on the terminal program you are using.
- At the logon prompt, log on to the appliance with the following default credentials:
- Username: nsroot
- Password: nsroot.
- At the $ prompt, run the following command to switch to the shell prompt of the appliance:
$ ssh 169.254.0.10
- Enter Yes to continue connecting to the management service.
- Log on to the shell prompt of the appliance with the following default credentials: Password: nsroot.
- At the logon prompt, run the following command to open the Management Service Initial Network Address Configuration menu:
- Type 1 and press Enter to select option 1, and specify a new management IP address for the management service.
- Type 2 and press Enter to select option 2, and specify a new management IP address for the XenServer.
- Type 3 and press Enter to select option 3, and specify the network mask for the IP addresses.
- Type 4 and press Enter to select option 4, and specify the default gateway for the management service IP address.
- Type 8 and press Enter to save the settings and exit.
- Access the SD-WAN appliance by entering the new management service IP address of the appliance, such as
https://<Management_Service_IP_Address>, in a web browser of a computer on the management network.
- To continue the configuration, accept the certificate and continue. The option to continue varies according to the web browser you are using.
- To complete the configuration process, see Provisioning the Appliance.