Rack Mounting the Appliance
Most appliances can be installed in standard server racks that conform to EIA-310-D specification. The appliances ship with a set of rails, which you must install before you mount the appliance. The only tools that you need for installing an appliance are a Phillips screwdriver and a flathead screwdriver.
Caution: If you are installing the appliance as the only unit in the rack, mount it at the bottom. If the rack contains other units, make sure that the heaviest unit is at the bottom. If the rack has stabilizing devices available, install them before mounting the appliance.
Citrix SD-WAN 4000/5000 appliance requires two rack units.
Each appliance ships with a mounting rail kit that contains two rail assemblies, one for the left side and the other for the right side of the appliance, and screws to attach the rails. An assembly consists of an inner rail and a rack rail. The supplied rail kit is 28 inches long (38 inches extended). Contact your Citrix sales representative to order a 23 inch (33 inches extended) rail kit.
Note: The same rail kit is used for both square-hole and round-hole racks. See figure 4 for specific instructions for threaded, round-hole racks.
To mount the appliance, you must first install the rails and then install the appliance in the rack.
Perform the following tasks to mount the appliance:
- Remove the inner rails from the rail assembly.
- Attach the inner rails to the appliance.
- Install the rack rails on the rack.
- Install the appliance in the rack.
To remove the inner rails from the rail assembly
- Place the rail assembly on a flat surface.
- Slide out the inner rail toward the front of the assembly.
- Depress the latch until the inner rail comes all the way out of the rail assembly.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 to remove the second inner rail.
To attach the inner rails to the appliance
- Position the right inner rail behind the handle on the right side of the appliance.
- Align the holes on the rail with the corresponding holes on the side of the appliance.
- Attach the rail to the appliance with the provided screws: 5 per side, as shown in the following figure.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 to install the left inner rail on the other side of the appliance.
Figure 1. Attaching inner rails
To install the rack rails on the rack
- If you have a round-hole, threaded rack, skip to step 3.
- Install square nut retainers into the front post and back post of the rack as shown in the following figures. Before inserting a screw, be sure to align the square nut with the correct hole for your appliance. The three holes are not evenly spaced. Figure 2. Installing Retainers into the Front Rack Posts
- Install the adjustable rail assembly into the rack as shown in the following figures. Use a screw to lock the rear rail flange into the rack. With the screw securing the rail in place, you can optionally remove the latching spring. Figure 4: Assembling the Rack
To install the appliance in the rack
- Align the inner rails, attached to the appliance, with the rack rails.
- Slide the appliance into the rack rails, keeping the pressure even on both sides.
- Verify that the appliance is locked in place by pulling it all the way out from the rack. Figure 5. Rack Mounting the Appliance