- Enabling Optimization and Configuring the Default Feature Settings
- Configuring Optimization Default Tuning Settings
- Configuring Optimization Default Application Classifiers
- Configuring Optimization Default Service Classes
To configure the WAN Optimization default Tuning Settings, do the following:
Open the Tuning Settings configuration form.
Continuing in the Defaults branch of the Optimization section of the Configuration Editor, click + to the left of the Tuning Settings branch label.
This opens the Defaults section Tuning Settings configuration form.
2. Click Edit (pencil icon) to enable editing of the form.
3. Select and configure the Tuning Settings.
The Tuning Settings options are as follows:
- Maximum MSS – Enter the maximum size (in bytes) for the Maximum Segment Size (MSS) for a TCP segment.
- Default MSS – Enter the default size (in octets) for the MSS for TCP segments.
- Enable Connection Timeout – Select this to enable automatic termination of a connection when the idle threshold is exceeded.
- Idle Timeout – Enter a threshold value (in seconds) to specify the amount of idle time permitted before an idle connection is terminated. You must first select Enable Connection Timeout before this field can be configured.
4. Click Apply.
This applies the modified Tuning Settings to the Defaults configuration.
The next step is to configure the default set of WAN Optimization Application Classifiers.