In SD-WAN Release 9.3.1, Multicast groups can be configured to support low bandwidth multicast traffic in simplified networks. You can define multicast groups such that the network administrator can control the source and destination of multicast traffic. You can configure different multicast group IP Address and set the source and destination virtual interfaces to appropriately pass-through multicast traffic.
Two primary use cases supported in SD-WAN are:
- Support for existing multicast networks in the underlay.
- Support for manually defined static multicast trees that allow forwarding multicast traffic through the overlay.
3. Expand Multicast Groups. Click Add. Add Group Name and IP Address.
4. Edit Basic Settings, Source Services, and Destination Services for the Multicast traffic.
- Basic settings: define the basic parameters of the multicast group. The only parameter available is the Multicast group IP address. This address may be a single IP address or an address and mask. All addresses or networks must be contained within the Class D address range (126.96.36.199/4).
- Multicast Group IP: Configure a valid class D Multicast IP Address or Subnet.
- Routing Domain: For multiple routing domains, configure valid routing domain which will be receiving Multicast traffic.
Source Services: defines where multicast traffic will be accepted from. This section includes the following components:
- Service Type: Local, Internet, Intranet, GRE, Virtual Path. The Service Type on which Multicast traffic will be received.
- Service Instance: The Service Name on which Multicast traffic will be received.
Destination Services: defines the services on which traffic will be replicated on. This section includes the following components:
- Service Type: Local, Internet, Intranet, GRE, Virtual Path. The Service Type on which Multicast traffic will be sent.
- Service Instance: The Service Name on which Multicast traffic will be sent.
In the SD-WAN GUI, go to Monitoring > Statistics. Select Multicast Group from the drop-down list. This displays the statistics page for existing Multicast groups configured for a specific site in the SD-WAN GUI.