To configure High Availability for the branch site, do the following:
Continuing in the Sites tree, click + to the left of the High Availability branch for the new site.
This displays the High Availability configuration form.
2. Click Edit (pencil icon) to the right of the High Availability branch to enable editing of the form.
3. Select the Enable High Availability check box.
This enables High Availability for the site, and enables the first level of fields for configuring. A red asterisk ( * ) indicates a required field where you must enter a non-default value.
4. Enter the basic High Availability parameter values for the HA pair.
Enter or select the following:
- HA Appliance Name – This is the name of the HA (secondary) client appliance.
- Failover Time – This specifies the wait time (in milliseconds) after contact with the primary client appliance is lost, before the standby client appliance becomes active.
- Shared Base MAC – This is the shared MAC Address for the HA pair appliances.
- Swap Primary/Secondary (checkbox) – When this is selected, if both appliances in the HA pair come up simultaneously, the secondary client appliance becomes the primary client appliance for the site, and takes precedence.
- Primary Reclaim (checkbox) – When this is selected, the designated primary client appliance reclaims control upon restart after a failover event.
5. Click + to the right of HA IP Interfaces.
This adds a new blank entry in the HA IP Interfaces table, and enables the entry for editing.
6. Enter the HA IP Interfaces information for the branch site.
Select or enter the following:
- Virtual Interface – This is the Virtual Interface to be used for communication between the appliances in the HA appliance pair.
- Primary – This is the unique Virtual IP Address for the primary client appliance for this site. The secondary appliance uses this for communication with the primary client appliance.
- Secondary – This is the unique Virtual IP Address for the secondary client appliance for this site. The primary appliance uses this for communication with the secondary client appliance.
7. Click + to the left of the new HA IP Interfaces entry.
This displays the External Tracking table.
8. Click + to the right of External Tracking.
This adds a new blank entry to the table and opens it for editing.
9. Enter the External Tracker IP Address.
Enter the IP Address of the external device that will respond to ARP requests regarding the state of the primary client appliance.
10. Click Apply.
This adds the new High Availability configuration settings to the branch site configuration.