The SD-WAN GRE Tunnels settings enable you to configure SD-WAN Appliances to terminate GRE tunnels on the LAN. If you do not want to configure this site as a GRE Tunnel termination node, you can skip this step, and proceed to the section, Configuring the WAN Links for the MCN Site.
To configure a GRE Tunnel, do the following:
Continuing in the site tree for the new MCN site, click + to the left of the GRE Tunnels branch label.
This opens the GRE Tunnels table for the new site.
2. Click + to the right of the GRE Tunnels.
This adds a new blank GRE Tunnel entry to the table and opens it for editing.
3. Configure the GRE Tunnel settings.
Enter the following:
- Name – Enter a name for the new GRE tunnel, or accept the default. The default uses the following naming format:
Where <number> is the number of GRE Tunnels configured for this site, incremented by one.
- Source IP – Select a source IP Address for the tunnel from the drop-down menu for this field. The menu options will be the list of Virtual Interfaces configured for this site. You must configure at least one Virtual Interface before you can configure a GRE Tunnel. For instructions, see Configuring the Virtual Interface Groups for the MCN Site and Configuring the Virtual IP Addresses for the MCN Site.
- Destination IP – Enter the destination IP Address for the tunnel.
- Tunnel IP / Prefix – Enter the tunnel IP Address and prefix.
- Checksum – Select this to enable Checksum for the tunnel GRE header.
- Keepalive Period(s) – Enter the wait time interval (in seconds) between keepalive messages. If configured to 0, no keepalive packets will be sent, but the tunnel will remain up. The default is 10.
- Keepalive Retries – Enter the number of keepalive retries the Virtual WAN Appliance should attempt before it brings down the tunnel. The default is 3.
4. Click Apply.
This submits your settings and adds the new GRE Tunnel to the table.
5. To configure additional GRE Tunnels, click + to the right of the GRE Tunnels branch label, and proceed as above.
The next step is to configure the WAN links for the MCN site.