This section provides basic instructions for downloading and installing the VMware vSphere client you will use to create and deploy the SD-WAN VPX-SE Virtual Machine.
Please refer to your VMware vSphere Client documentation for additional information. NetScaler SD-WAN can be deployed in vShpere Client version 5.5 or later.
1. Open a browser and navigate to the ESXi server that will host your vSphere Client and VPX-SE Virtual Machine (VM) instance at: https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/evalcenter?p=free-esxi6
The VMware ESXi downloads page displays,
2. Click the Download vSphere Client link to download the vSphere Client installation file.
3. Install the vSphere Client.
Run the vSphere Client installer file that you just downloaded, and accept each of the default options when prompted.
4. After the installation completes, start the vSphere Client program.
The VMware vSphere Client login page displays, prompting you for the ESXi server login credentials.
5. Enter the ESXi server login credentials.
Enter the following:
- IP address / Name: Enter the IP Address or Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) for the ESXi server that will host your SD-WAN VPX-SE VM instance.
- User name: Enter the server Administrator account name. The default is root.
- Password: Enter the password associated with this Administrator account.
6. Click Login.
This displays the vSphere Client main page.
The next step is to install and deploy the SD-WAN VPX-SE OVF template and set up the Virtual Machine. The following section provides instructions for these procedures.