- DHCP Management
Devices on the same network as the SD-WAN appliance’s LAN/WAN interface can now use the SD-WAN DHCP Relay & DHCP Server features to provide those devices with their IP configuration. These features help to simplify the client site network by reducing the amount of equipment necessary.
Network administrators can now use the DHCP Relay service of the SD-WAN appliance to relay requests and replies between local DHCP clients and a remote DHCP Server. This allows local hosts to acquire dynamic IP addresses from the remote DHCP Server.
To configure DHCP Relay:
1. In the SD-WAN web management interface, navigate to Configuration Editor > Sites > [Site Name] > DHCP > Relays. Expand Relays, and then specify the server IP address.
2. Select the Virtual Interface to be used.
3. Configure a static route to reach the DHCP Server.
Network administrators can use the DHCP Server feature on data ports of an SD-WAN appliance to allow local hosts to acquire dynamic or static IP addressing directly from the SD-WAN appliance.
To configure DHCP Server:
1. In the SD-WAN web management interface, navigate to Configuration Editor > Sites > [Site Name] > DHCP > Server Subnets.
2. Select the Virtual Interface to be used and specify the range of IP addresses allowed to be dynamically assigned to local hosts.
3. Optionally, specify settings for configuring the hosts, such as gateway IP address, DNS address, and an Option Set (described below).
The Hosts option of this drop-down gives users an option to manually associate specific IP addresses with specific hosts through the host MAC addresses.
The following feature is optional, not required.
DHCP Option Sets are groups of DHCP settings that can be applied to individual IP address ranges. To create DHCP Option Sets, navigate to the Global section of the configuration and expand DHCP Options Sets. Enter the settings that you would like to include in the set, and then click Apply.
Your DHCP Option Set must then be assigned to a DHCP range. Do this in the Sites section where the IP address range was defined. The DHCP Option Set defined globally takes precedence over local configuration for same parameters configured for the DHCP Server pool.
To view a list of Clients from the DHCP Server Database, in the web management interface, navigate to Monitor > DHCP Server/Relay.