- NetScaler SD-WAN Management Web Interface
- One Touch Start
- Installing the SD-WAN Appliance Packages on the Clients
- Preparing the SD-WAN Appliance Packages on the MCN
- Connecting the Client Appliances to Your Network
- Setting up the SD-WAN Appliances
After you have prepared the Appliance Packages and connected the MCN, and the branch Site Administrators have connected their respective client appliances to the LAN and WAN, the next step is to upload and activate the appropriate SD-WAN Appliance Package on each client. The Change Management wizard guides you through this process.
To install and activate the software and configuration on a client appliance, do the following
On a connected PC, open a browser and log onto the MCN appliance Management Web Interface.
Enter the Management IP Address for the MCN in the browser address field. This displays the Management Web Interface Dashboard page for the MCN appliance.
2. Select the Configuration tab.
3. In the navigation pane on the left, select Virtual WAN and then select Change Management.
This displays the Change Process Overview page (the first page of the Change Management wizard).
At the bottom of this page, you will see a table listing the individual sites and appliances. At the far right of the table in the Download Package column, are links for the Active (if available) and Staged Appliance Packages.
If this is an initial installation, the Active links are not yet available, and are replaced by a plain text marker none.
4. Click the Staged link for the package you want to download.
In the Site-Appliance table, locate the entry for your site appliance, and click the Staged link in the Download Package column of that entry. A file browser for selecting the download location (on the local PC) displays.
5. Select the download location and click OK.
6. (Optional.) After the download completes, log out of the MCN Management Web Interface.
7. Open a browser, and enter the IP Address for the client to which you want to upload the Appliance Package Zip file.
Please ignore any browser certificate warnings for the CloudBridge Management Web Interface.
This opens the NetScaler SD-WAN Management Web Interface Login screen on the client appliance.
8. Enter the Administrator user name and password and click Login.
The default Administrator user name is admin; the default password is password.
This displays the Management Web Interface Dashboard page for the client appliance.
If this is an initial installation, or if you have temporarily disabled the Virtual WAN Service on this appliance, you will see a goldenrod Audit Alert icon with a status message indicating that the Virtual WAN Service is currently inactive or disabled. You can ignore this alert for now. The alert will remain on the Dashboard page until you manually start the service, after completing the installation.
9. Select the Configuration tab.
10. Open the System Maintenance branch in the navigation tree (left pane), and select Local Change Management.
This displays the Local Appliance Change Process Upload page for uploading an Appliance Package.
11. Click Choose File next to the Upload Item label.
This opens a file browser for selecting the Appliance Package you want to upload to the client.
12. Navigate to the SD-WAN Appliance Package Zip file you just downloaded from the MCN, select it, and click OK.
13. Click Upload.
The upload process takes a few seconds to complete. When completed, a status message displays (left middle of page), stating Upload complete.
14. Click Next.
This uploads the specified software package, and displays the Local Change Management Activation page.
15. Click Activate Staged.
This displays a dialog box prompting you to confirm the activation operation.
16. Click OK.
This activates the newly-installed package and, if this is not an initial deployment, starts the Virtual WAN Service on the client appliance. This process takes several seconds, during which a progress status message displays.
When the activation completes, a status message displays stating Activation complete, and the Done button becomes available.
17. Click Done to exit the wizard and view the activation results.
After the activation completes, click Done on the Activation page to return to the Management Web Interface Dashboard page.
If this is not an initial deployment, this page should now display updated information for the currently active version of the software package, the OS partition, and the status of the CloudBridge Virtual Path. If this is an initial installation, there will be a goldenrod Audit Alert icon, along with a status message indicating that the Virtual WAN Service is currently inactive or disabled. In this case, you must manually enable the service, as described in Enabling the Virtual WAN Service.
The below figure shows a sample client Dashboard page displaying the alert icon and status message.
The final step to complete an initial SD-WAN deployment, is to enable the Virtual WAN Service. Instructions are provided in the section Enabling the Virtual WAN Service.