During installation or maintenance procedures, wear a grounding wrist strap to avoid ESD damage to the electronics of the appliance. Use a conductive wrist strap attached to a good earth ground or to the appliance. You can attach it to the connector beside the ESD symbol on the back.
Follow basic electrical safety precautions to protect yourself from harm and the appliance from damage.
- Be aware of the location of the emergency power off (EPO) switch, so that you can quickly remove power to the appliance if an electrical accident occurs.
- Do not use mats designed to decrease static electrical discharge as protection from electrical shock. Instead, use rubber mats that have been specifically designed as electrical insulators.
- Make sure that the power supply cords include grounding plugs and are plugged into grounded electrical outlets.
- Make sure that the power source can handle the appliance's maximum power consumption rating with no danger of an overload.
- A reliable ground must be maintained at all times. Therefore, the rack should be grounded. Pay particular attention to power supply connections other than the direct connection to the branch circuit (for example, connections to power strips).