Through release 9.3, on an appliance, SD-WAN ports 10/3 and 10/4 must be connected with the provided cable, as shown in the following figure.
Starting with release 9.3, the patch cable is no longer required, and can be omitted if:
- The appliance was shipped from the factory with release 9.3 or later, or
- The appliance was shipped from the factory with release 9.3 or earlier, but you upgrade it to later version and change the default loopback in the management service (on ). Settings
If you decide to eliminate the need to use loopback cable, the ports 10/3 and 10/4 are still reserved. These ports are not available for WAN optimization.
To install the patch cable
- Connect the LC-to-LC cable to the ports as shown in the figures above.
- Insert one end of the cable into port 10/3.
- Insert the other end of the cable into port 10/4.