The NetScaler SD-WAN VPX for Amazon AWS brings acceleration support to the Amazon cloud.
Note: At the time of the 7.1.0 software release, the newest supported release of SD-WAN (now SD-WAN) WANOP-VPX for Amazon AWS is 7.0.1. Use this version in conjunction with release 7.1.0 on other appliances.
Five variations are supported, four of which have hardwired licensing, and one of which uses ordinary SD-WAN licensing:
- 2 Mbps
- 10 Mbps
- 20 Mbps
- 45 Mbps
- “Bring your own license,” which uses a standard Citrix license to determined the licensed bandwidth.
Besides the hardwired licensing, the major difference between SD-WAN WANOP-VPX for Amazon AWS is that it supports only a single port for both management and acceleration. This means that the appliance cannot be used in inline mode.
To create a SD-WAN WANOP-VPX on Amazon AWS, you go through the same process as with creating any other instance, setting a few instance parameters to non-default settings.
- Instantiating a SD-WAN Virtual Appliance (AMI) on AWS
- To install a SD-WAN virtual appliance in an AWS VPC, you need an AWS account. You can create an AWS account at http://aws.amazon.com/. SD-WAN is available as an Amazon Machine Image (AMI) in AWS Marketplace.
Note: Amazon makes frequent minor changes to its AWS pages, so the following instructions may not be exact.
- To instantiate a SD-WAN virtual appliance (AMI) on AWS
- In a web browser, type http://aws.amazon.com/.
- Click My Account/Console, and then click My Account to open the Amazon Web Services Sign in page.
- Use your Amazon AWS account credentials to sign in. This will take you to the Amazon Web Services page.
- Click EC2 in the Compute & Networking section, then click Launch Instance.
- In the Create a New Instance dialog box, select AWS Marketplace, and then click Continue to open the Request Instance Wizard.
- In the Request Instance Wizard dialog box, click AWS Marketplace tab.
- In the Search text field, type SD-WAN to search for the SD-WAN AMI, and click Search.
On the search result page, select one of the Citrix SD-WAN offerings On the Citrix SD-WAN page, click Continue.
- On the Launch with EC2 Console tab, click the Accept Terms button, if present, then click Launch with EC2 Console for the region where you want to launch Citrix SD-WAN AMI.
- On the Request Instance Wizard page, type 1 in the Number of Instances text box, and from the Instance Type drop-down list, select Large (m1.large, 7.5GIB).
- From the Subnet drop-down list, select the private network subnet, and then click Continue.
- On the next page, in the Advanced Instance Options section, you can change values from their defaults if you choose, and then click Continue.
Note: SD-WAN AMI is not supported with more than one network interface. Therefore, the value of Number of Network Interfaces field is set to 1.
- On the Request Instances Wizard page, enter a name for the EC2 instance in the Value text box, and then click Continue.
On the Request Instances Wizard page, select one of the three Kay Pair options and then click Continue.
- Verify the EC2 instance configuration details, and then click Launch to launch the EC2 instance.
- Click Close to close the Launch Instance Wizard dialog box. The new EC2 instance is launched successfully.