Citrix NetScaler SD-WAN Standard Edition or WANOP VPX is a virtual Citrix NetScaler SD-WAN appliance that can be hosted on Citrix XenServer, VMware ESX or ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Amazon AWS- virtualization platforms. A SD-WAN VPX appliance supports most of the features of a physical Standard Edition or WANOP appliances.
Because SD-WAN SE/WAN OP Edition VPX is a virtual machine, you can deploy on your choice of hardware, exactly where you need it, and in combination it with other virtual machines -- servers, VPN units, or other appliances -- to create a unit that precisely suits your needs.
WANOP VPX software is available as:
- A Xen virtual machine running under XenServer 5.5 and later.
- A VMware vSphere virtual machine running under ESX/ESXi 4.1-6.0.
- A Hyper-V virtual machine under 64-bit Windows 2008 R2 SP1 - 2012.
- An Amazon EC2 instance.
Note: XenServer and VMware vSphere support VLAN trunking, but Hyper-V does not.
SD-WAN Standard Edition VPX software is available as:
- A Xen virtual machine running under XenServer 6.5 SP1.
- A VMware vSphere virtual machine running under ESX/ESXi 5.5 and 6.0.
When a newly installed SD-WAN SE/WANOP VPX virtual machine is up and running, you configure as you would configure a physical SD-WAN SE/WANOP appliance, using the same configuration screens.